Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: You clowns seen enough yet?

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Not that Chadman wants to wade into the turbulent sea that is a Polish-Chinese Crash post, but to say that Arians didn't use the running game during his time as a Steeler OC is to forget that the RB during Arians' tenure is, what is it, 5th all-time for Steelers rushing records?

It's not that he refused to run the ball, it's just we didn't have the traditional 'smash mouth' running game with Mendenhall.
    Chinese Crash agrees with this post above.

Arians did the cardinal sin and dismissed the value of a Jon Witman, Tim Lester, Dan Kreider type in his offense.

And the simpletons never forgave him for it, results be damned.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Shades View Post
    Don't forget that the Ravens built their O Line and run game with all those high draft choices they got from finishing in the bottom of the league for years. Oh....wait....no...no...my mistake. That's the excuse people have been making about why the Steelers didn't draft better....because they have been finishing with too good of a record to get good draft choices.
    What are you arguing with me about? I have stated TODAY we drafted poorly which is the crux of our problems. Ray Rice was drafted in the EXACT SAME DRAFT as Mendenhall. How in the heck can one use "late draft picks" as an excuse for our putrid run game.

My debate with Crash is that Arians sure cant make this thing work either with his deep drops etc.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Banned

User Info Menu

The 2008 Steelers line was considered the worst OL to ever win a Super Bowl.

I'd say it worked plenty.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseCrash View Post
    Never stopped Arians.

The ONLY year Arians run game was bad was in 2008, when injuries killed it.

They only won the SB that year.

Keep defending Lee Trevino, guys like you will keep him employed.
    Lets not talk 2008 how bout consecutive seasons.

This is the most fair caparison because you have the closest to the same team.
    In 2008 for instance you had Hines Ward and Stonio Holmes.

• 2011 we scored 325 points- Under Arians in a system Ben knew inside and out
    • 2012 we scored 336 points- Under Haley, instituting a BRAND NEW SYSTEM with Ben hurt three games and returning as a shell of himself to close the season.

You wanna talk record? Here is the difference:

• 2011 we allowed 227 points (14.2/g), 1st IN THE NFL Crash
    • 2012 we allowed 314 points points (19.6/g)
    • While Haleys O scored 1 point MORE per game the D ALLOWED 5 MORE POINTS PER GAME thus the record

Crash add 5 points per game to our team in 2011, see what our record is.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-09-2013 at 08:34 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

The 2008 Steelers line was considered the worst OL to ever win a Super Bowl.

I'd say it worked plenty.
    We had a defense under DL that you hate allowing less than 14 points point a game, among the stingiest defenses of the modern era. Yes, Arians and his 21 ranked scoring offense carried us the a championship that year.

Given even a "really good", not great defense Arians does not SNIFF a trophy with that oline.

A healthy DL led defense can win a SB with a QB with a rating of 22 too lest we forget, how GREAT Lebeau is.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-09-2013 at 08:50 PM.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Actually, no. The defense blew 4th quarter leads all year. Sometimes Ben saved them, sometimes he didn't.

That defense, as has been the case since 2007, gets "fat" when the OFFENSE controls the clock.

The 4th quarter defense has been a joke since 2007.

If LeBeau was in his 40's instead of 70's he would have been fired in 2009.

But Rooney won't dare risk pissing off the geezers who love Coach Grandpa.
    Another nice try at revisionist history.

Steelers were No. 1 in the league in fewest 4th qtr points allowed in 2007 and 2011. BA offense just couldn't take advantage of it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    cool, Chinese Crash posting in Polish Crash's thread...
    I am eagerly awaiting the inevitable arrival of Black Crash...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Another nice try at revisionist history.

Steelers were No. 1 in the league in fewest 4th qtr points allowed in 2007 and 2011. BA offense just couldn't take advantage of it.
    yeah.. we should have been to 4 SB's instead of 2 with BA.

smh... sorry, the evidence proves that regardless of BA's RZ % and our scoring ranking we won games and had deep playoff runs. All we want to see is a solid win and O that looks like it's practiced.

Banned

User Info Menu

2011 we scored 325 points- Under Arians in a system Ben knew inside and out
    Where did the Steelers DEFENSE rank in turnovers forced?

2012 we scored 336 points- Under Haley, instituting a BRAND NEW SYSTEM with Ben hurt three games and returning as a shell of himself to close the season.

2011 we allowed 227 points (14.2/g), 1st IN THE NFL Crash
    Where did the Steelers OFFENSE rank, in time of possession?

You don't get it, either because you simply don't watch the games or are too stupid to comprehend it.

When the STEELERS OFFENSE is holding the ball? The STEELERS DEFENSE is not on the field. Thus, they can't give up yards, or points.

But they can sure look "good" while standing on the sidelines.

ANOTHER GENIUS BELOW....lol

Steelers were No. 1 in the league in fewest 4th qtr points allowed in 2007 and 2011.
    READ THIS, and weep.

[url]http://m.nbcsports.com/content/kacsmar-dont-believe-hype-steelers-d[/url]

You people need to stop judging this team like fantasy owners reading a fantasy football magazine, and start paying attention to what you SEE when you WATCH this team.
    Last edited by RussianCrash; 09-10-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussianCrash View Post

Where did the Steelers OFFENSE rank, in time of possession?

You don't get it, either becauase you simply don't watch the games or are too stupid to comprehend it.

When the STEELERS OFFENSE is holding the ball? The STEELERS DEFENSE is not on the field. Thus, they can't give up yards, or points.

But they can sure look "good" while standing on the sidelines.

ANOTHER GENIUS BELOW....lol

READ THIS, and weep.

[URL]http://m.nbcsports.com/content/kacsmar-dont-believe-hype-steelers-d[/URL]

You people need to stop judging this team like fantasy owners reading a magazine, and start paying attention to what you SEE when you WATCH this team.

I watched Ben look like crap. The offense look incompetent as well as the HC. The defense played ok... but not great by any means. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give the defense a 6. On the same scale, I give the entire offense and the coaching staff a -10000000000000000000.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.