Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You clowns seen enough yet?

Hall of Famer
    It is funny to me that Crash hates this board, Pittsburgh, the coaching staff, the owners, and most anybody not named Ben. Why be a fan of this team? Just wait till Ben leaves (as you are so sure he will), and then take up following that team. It will save you a lot of grief, and maybe, you can avoid a heart attack.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishCrash View Post
    You see the Packers and the 49ers treating their QBs like race horses.
    Dizz agrees with you?
    You and Dizz, whats with the obsession with QBs and "race".

Actually, the only context where "race horse" and "QB" belong in the same sentence is when you see.......Crash YOU LIVE IN DENVER you should know:

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Crash - We came out guns-a-blazing like you want and threw deep to Sanders, who did his best Wallace impression and let it go right through his hands.
    OUCH, money post.
    Maybe sanders needs to not be Wallace circa 2012 anymore.

Banned
    Ben would never be cut.
    Nevertheless, in the scenario above, I have no doubt you would WANT Ben in Cleveland to have this success which is kinda sad.
    Actually I don't. I want Art to own and get the hell out of the way. If he won't? Dumping Ben is the best solution for all involved.

When exactly in 1976 did we throw twice (33) for every run (15)?
    You need to WATCH the game.

After 54 minutes of a 60 minute game were played the Steelers had 25 pass plays to 15 runs, pretty good balance.

They were down 13-2.

They ended the last 6 minutes with 12 straight pass plays. What did you want them to do? Run the ball? Chew clock, and quit?

Until you start watching games and learning the context of them? You, much like Slap here, aren't qualified to discuss this team with me.

People like you, are why Art Rooney II does what he does. You enable this garbage to continue.

You would rather keep running the ball down big late in games, for the sake of having "balance".

Me? I give the ball to my HOF quarterback and get the hell out of his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I gotta back Crash here. If he merely has a strong POV, of his take on a broad issue (ei everything is Art II's fault, or everything is roses if we let Ben do whatever he wants) how is that a problem? I say if others (like me) disagree lets take him on in the arena of ideas.
    It may seem like hijacking a thread but if he sees the problems as being foundational, it is legit to bring those up in threads that seem unrelated at first glance.
    This thread, where Crash wants to address what he sees as a foundational issue, that's fine. It misses the mark, but everybody is entitled to an opinion.

But it's the unsubstaniated nonsense and the threadjacking that I find tiresome, as do most, which seems to be the reason for the banning.

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanCrash View Post
    Actually I don't. I want Art to own and get the hell out of the way. If he won't? Dumping Ben is the best solution for all involved.

You need to WATCH the game.

After 54 minutes of a 60 minute game were played the Steelers had 25 pass plays to 15 runs, pretty good balance.

They were down 13-2.

They ended the last 6 minutes with 12 straight pass plays. What did you want them to do? Run the ball? Chew clock, and quit?

Until you start watching games and learning the context of them? You, much like Slap here, aren't qualified to discuss this team with me.

People like you, are why Art Rooney II does what he does. You enable this garbage to continue.

You would rather keep running the ball down big late in games, for the sake of having "balance".

Wow Polish Crash got banned FAST. Buddy I'm trying my best to keep you alive.

Back to topic, 25 passes and 15 runs balanced???? Really?
    Can we PLEASE go into business together and we split the profits right down the middle, for every 25 bucks I get you get 15.
    That is your idea of balance Crash?

Play that ratio out over a season and you have a low run team not balance.
    Look at those Bronco teams you tout when you want to see what "balance" looks like.
    Balance IS literally balance. Both SB winning Bronco teams ran and passed nearly equally (actually slight advantage to the run).
    I can understand passing to catch up, but we never had balance to begin with.

We started with a deep incomplete pass, balance first drive, then favored the pass, while we still had the lead.

I dont even blame the team for passing so much. WE SIMPLY COULD NOT RUN.

My point is that you can try to call it 1976 football all you want but THAT AINT what we are seeing.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-09-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by MexicanCrash View Post
    How many aliases do you have now?

They gave the ball to the HOF QB on the FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME and got out of his way. Trouble is, Sanders got in the way with his alligator arms.

If you can't block and you can't catch, then you can't run and you can't throw. Sorry, but this team has a lot more trouble than simply Haley and Art & supposedly "those who want to run at all costs" right now. If you don't see it, it's you that wasn't watching.

I don't find his discussion tiresome or annoying at all I actually enjoy his knowledge. But I do find the constant racial remarks annoying and tiresome from some posters who only receive claps or taps on the back of the hand.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    How many aliases do you have now?

They gave the ball to the HOF QB on the FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME and got out of his way. Trouble is, Sanders got in the way with his alligator arms.

If you can't block and you can't catch, then you can't run and you can't throw. Sorry, but this team has a lot more trouble than simply Haley and Art & supposedly "those who want to run at all costs" right now. If you don't see it, it's you that wasn't watching.
    The first call was brilliant. Probably the best call Haley made. Saw a team reeling and went after them. Arians made a staple of it as OC.

The way to protect an OL is move Ben around.

Go watch these two plays I list below:

The FIRST PLAY from scrimmage in SB XLIII.

David Johnson's catch yesterday.

THAT is how you help an OL, THAT is how you keep Ben clean.

Not by having 7 or 8 guys at the LOS and running up the middle every play.

Even Tom Bradley on post game yesterday, who's done nothing but cheerlead since they hired him said, and I quote:

"Maybe the Steelers need to stop trying to be a run first grind it out team, and spread these teams out"

He'll probably get fired this week.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Play that ratio out over a season and you have a low run team not balance.
    And I'll win my conference.

You want to play dinosaur football in Roger Goodell's new NFL.

Sorry, ain't happening. One of the two teams in this years Super Bowl WILL be in the bottom 5 in rushing. Guaranteed.