Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You clowns seen enough yet?

Quote Originally Posted by PolishCrash View Post
    Why? For being right?

That was the worst loss they've had since the 1989 Browns opener. To sit there and do the same crap over and over again simply to appease an unqualified owner with an unqualified OC is a sin. It's not even embarrassing, it's more of a tragedy. They have the talent to win. The talent isn't used because the sperm lotto winner is more worried about HOW they play than winning.

You see the Packers and the 49ers treating their QBs like race horses. The Steelers have their version of Seabiscuit pulling a farmer's plow.

Trade Ben, cut Ben, do something.

He's earned the right to end his career with a team that respects his talent.

That was one of the worst losses. The other ones where the Steelers were impotent since the 89 first 2 are- the opener in Balt against the Ravens when they scalped the Steelers. Another was a late season game against the Ravens in Pittsburgh and they just mauled them. The game in Phili when Ben was sacked like 9 times was also very bad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noitall0605 View Post
    Elway didnt win any titles till the end when he Dilfered and Johnsoned his way to the trophy.
    Not true. And when people say it? It's laughable.

Pull up Elway's numbers from 1983-1992.

Then pull up Elway's numbers from 1993-1998. Most of his big seasons were after Dan Reeves and his outdated offense left.

They signed multiple free agent OLs for him, multiple RBs for him, drafted guys like Glyn Milburn because he wanted him, hired his college QB Coach (Jim Fassel) to run the same offense Elway ran in college, then even hired his Dad in the front office.

In 1995 Shanahan (Elway's buddy) arrived, Gary Kubiak (long time Elway confidant) arrived as OC. They catered to Elway. They used his skills and they used his ability to create big plays coupled with the running game.

I live in Denver, I had to put up with this crap first hand.

2. Tomlin fired, Ben cut/traded (Can you imagine a "released" Ben winning a ring in Cleveland to shove it up Art's ass? I could)
    Ben would never be cut.
    Nevertheless, in the scenario above, I have no doubt you would WANT Ben in Cleveland to have this success which is kinda sad.

This can't continue. Don't ruin Ben's career to prove a point. It's not fair, and it's wrong.
    True, let's go back to the glory days of Ben under COWHER when the oline and run game was dominant, and people FEARED our run game so Ben could not have defenses focused solely on stopping him.

Art made his bed for the moronic minority who wanted to recreate 1976.
    Nice try Crash at history revision.
    When exactly in 1976 did we throw twice (33) for every run (15)?

Ben's first two seasons were FAR CLOSER to 1976 than ANYTHING we see today, and this team was elite.

Why? For being right?
    Discussion is great. Reiterating the same agenda based crap and threadjacking every thread is not the same as discussion.

Then pull up Elway's numbers from 1993-1998. Most of his big seasons were after Dan Reeves and his outdated offense left.

They signed multiple free agent OLs for him, multiple RBs for him, drafted guys like Glyn Milburn because he wanted him, hired his college QB Coach (Jim Fassel) to run the same offense Elway ran in college, then even hired his Dad in the front office.

In 1995 Shanahan (Elway's buddy) arrived, Gary Kubiak (long time Elway confidant) arrived as OC. They catered to Elway. They used his skills and they used his ability to create big plays coupled with the running game.

I think the probem the Steelers have is Ben. They need to go back to controlling him. Run the ball. Play power football and let him use what he does best- in my opinion his play action was killer. He dont use it anymore. Its throw throw throw. He is not Aaron Rodgers or Eli. He cant do it. They need a general that will rip his ass with all the pumping- and get him to play structured football.

You are so right Crash.
    We need the right oline, just like Denver had.
    We need the right RB, just like Denver had.

AND feed that RB NEARLY FOUR HUNDRED CARRIES Like DENVER DID. Still with me Crash?

Seriously, THAT DENVER OFFENSE was amazing BECAUSE you could NOT key on the run OR pass.
    Elite passer/Elite runner = RIDICULOUS success.

You want pass-centric. THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE TODAY Crash.

Those of us who call for balance are not looking to handcuff Ben we want THAT.

Legend

You see the Packers and the 49ers treating their QBs like race horses. The Steelers have their version of Seabiscuit pulling a farmer's plow.
    This is spot on... great line.

Hall of Famer

Don't blame the OL either. The OL can't block when they have 2-3 TE sets on the field and every goddamn run is up the middle.

I don't disagree that the o-line was set up to fail in a few instances on Sunday. However, for most of the game, they failed miserably all on their own. They couldn't block the man in front of them, couldn't pick up stunts, couldn't handle speed, and couldn't handle power rushers. They played miserably. They deserve blame and plenty of it.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Discussion is great. Reiterating the same agenda based crap and threadjacking every thread is not the same as discussion.
    I gotta back Crash here. If he merely has a strong POV, of his take on a broad issue (ei everything is Art II's fault, or everything is roses if we let Ben do whatever he wants) how is that a problem? I say if others (like me) disagree lets take him on in the arena of ideas.
    It may seem like hijacking a thread but if he sees the problems as being foundational, it is legit to bring those up in threads that seem unrelated at first glance.

Starter
    We've got a LOT of problems on this team. Haley is one of them but he's not all of it.

Crash - We came out guns-a-blazing like you want and threw deep to Sanders, who did his best Wallace impression and let it go right through his hands.

Ben was under seige behind that awful line all day long. I don't care what coordinator was there, Arians, Whiz, etc.. You're not going to have success when the other team knows you can't run and knows they can get to your QB.

We have a few decent receivers but no one who attacks the ball - excempt maybe Wheaton, who we've yet to see in a game. We have no tight end until Miller comes back. We lost our starting center and have a line that right now, would not be able to block for Bettis. And our best current back (supposedly) has the dropsies.

Again - I'm not defending Haley but the problems go deeper. Before Ben was injured last year, our offense looked 100 times better than it did yesterday.