Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deion Sanders takes shot at Todd Haley

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TomlintheClown View Post
    I wouldn't expect anything less from another black guy trying to talk up his own race. If Tomlin was white he would have eaten him alive.
    I don't agree with your statement at all here. I'm not even bothered by the racial overtones of your post, I just think you're way off base...

Legend

User Info Menu

Who do you think had final say in cutting Dwyer? You think it was Haley or do you think he was in Tomlin's dog house and he made the call. I can't believe Haley watched the preseason and cut Dwyer over Redman.

And while Haley shares blame (hey, that's the coaches job) how about the blame coach Bicknell should shoulder - the offensive line was beyond attrocious. And how about the scouting department and GM. It's been 5 years of drafting average at best 1st and 2nd rounders. Tough to overcome that. Hopefully Jones and Bell reverse that trend.

Do you realize that the offense fell completely apart yesterday when the backup lineman, who was going to come in to play a third TE spot, had to play center. Beachum not playing TE was the issue. That's INSANE!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    I did from the Code of Conduct
    o Statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.
    Of coarse you can unban him if you want
    thank you... that was his 4th or 5th racial taunt. I don't care if people hate on Tomlin or this FO...I hate them right now too but there is no need for that when we have a million other reasons to bash Tomlin and the FO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Haley should receive more blame... we knew the OL sucked since last year. Gotta call plays to our strength (even though we don't have much right now)

We should have been in no huddle... and not this slow azzz no huddle but an up tempo no huddle after the third series.

Banned

User Info Menu

Haley's a puppet. He's only doing what he's told.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    thank you... that was his 4th or 5th racial taunt. I don't care if people hate on Tomlin or this FO...I hate them right now too but there is no need for that when we have a million other reasons to bash Tomlin and the FO.
    I agree. Well we agreed on something this week, lol
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Sorry for the non politically correct statement but you guys missed the point. Just like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton come to the rescue of every black person they feel is wronged in life, I think Deon was doing the same thing with Tomlin. He wasn't going to bash him, so like most Steeler fans he deflected the real problem with the Steelers away from Tomlin as a way to save his ass.
    Well done, Deon. Now if Mike was white would Deon have been so kind? Probably not.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mods, really. This is football talk and you guys bring him back???
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TomlintheClown View Post
    Sorry for the non politically correct statement but you guys missed the point. Just like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton come to the rescue of every black person they feel is wronged in life, I think Deon was doing the same thing with Tomlin. He wasn't going to bash him, so like most Steeler fans he deflected the real problem with the Steelers away from Tomlin as a way to save his ass.
    Well done, Deon. Now if Mike was white would Deon have been so kind? Probably not.
    Jesse and Al?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Big deal.... get over it people.

I don't know if Deon would have been so kind. Who cares. That is a hypothetical that we'll never know.

If Tomlin was purple, I still don't care.... he should be absolutely ashamed at himself for the product that he put out on the field. If I attended that game, I'd be even more pissed off than I am right now... and I'm pretty upset still.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.