Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: As Tough as it is to admit...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Is it not a coincidence that the o-line has always been a problem with Ben as the QB? I'm not saying the o-line is great but I'm not placing the blame squarely on them. The offensive line issues are at least: 50% Ben and 50% o-line.
    So the Oline that opened up 32 yards on 15 rushes and no rshing first downs...is half on Ben?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    i am not one of those fans who thinks Ben can do no wrong. However, your formula is waaaaaaaaay off. That was perhaps the worst game a Steeler o line has played in the 32 years that I have watched them. That was not a top caliber d line they played against either. Ben cannot be expected to have even a decent day when they run and pass block that poorly.

also, I am liking my mock more after watching Gilbert and Adams crap the bed again. I may need to add more OL.
    Yeah, like 6 more.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    So the Oline that opened up 32 yards on 15 rushes and no rshing first downs...is half on Ben?
    Yes and No. Our running game was pathetic and I don't understand why Felix didn't see the field. He didn't know the playbook?!?!? That's humorous and I'm not letting our coaching staff off that easy. He's a RB for gods sake, not a QB.

Also, maybe if they respected our passing attack in the slightest, that might back the defense off the line of scrimmage a bit. I would expect a "Top 5 QB Franchise QB" to be able to get ONE FIRST DOWN in 30 minutes (or half the entire game)... The entire offense played poorly and Ben certainly doesn't get a free pass. He looked terrible and very unsure on where he wanted to throw the ball. He was simply not seeing receivers that were open.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Yes and No. Our running game was pathetic and I don't understand why Felix didn't see the field. He didn't know the playbook?!?!? That's humorous and I'm not letting our coaching staff off that easy. He's a RB for gods sake, not a QB.

Also, maybe if they respected our passing attack in the slightest, that might back the defense off the line of scrimmage a bit. I would expect a "Top 5 QB Franchise QB" to be able to get ONE FIRST DOWN in 30 minutes (or half the entire game)... The entire offense played poorly and Ben certainly doesn't get a free pass. He looked terrible and very unsure on where he wanted to throw the ball. He was simply not seeing receivers that were open.
    I happen to believe Ben's biggest weakness is pre-snap read of the defense. If he has to wait until the ball is snap then go through progressions, the modern NFL defense will more than likely break you. There simply is not enough to time wait for an open man. Gotta know where single coverage is before the snap.

Banned

User Info Menu

Oh good grief. Did you guys even pay attention?

WE DON'T USE OUR RECEIVERS. Ben completed 63% of his passes (His career average btw) for 5.8 YPA.

Do you know how sad that is? How many passes were to the backs? WR screens?

He doesn't go through progressions anymore. Haley won't allow it. If the primary read is covered dump it to the back.

Playing games with Ben is the mantra on offense.

Why? You'd have to ask the owner.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseCrash View Post
    Oh good grief. Did you guys even pay attention?

WE DON'T USE OUR RECEIVERS. Ben completed 63% of his passes (His career average btw) for 5.8 YPA.

Do you know how sad that is? How many passes were to the backs? WR screens?

He doesn't go through progressions anymore. Haley won't allow it. If the primary read is covered dump it to the back.

Playing games with Ben is the mantra on offense.

Why? You'd have to ask the owner.
    So exactly how many more sacks would it take for you to admit that long passes will get Ben killed? WRs were targeted 26 times to RBs 7. Add in shrimp WRs that can't break free off the line and everything screams dump-off.

Banned

User Info Menu

So exactly how many more sacks would it take for you to admit that long passes will get Ben killed?
    No, run run, save us on 3rd and 8 gets him killed.

You want short passes? You want quick passes? That's fine, Arians did them too.

But when Arians did it, he had his WRs on the field, not Kelvin F'N Beachum, Jaime McCoy, and David Paulson on the field with one wideout.

Haley's basic design on offense is the biggest issue he has.