Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: As Tough as it is to admit...

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,267

    As Tough as it is to admit...

    The Cleveland Browns offense outplayed the Steelers offense today.

    How low can this team possibly go?

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler thor75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    1,032
    norv turner has always had a solid offense.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer Flasteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere on the water.
    Posts
    2,594
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The Cleveland Browns offense outplayed the Steelers offense today.

    How low can this team possibly go?
    Every offense in the league outplayed us aside from the Blaine Gabbert-led Jaguars. We are nearly as low as we could possibly go.



    "I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

    "Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."


    -Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

  4. #4
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Every offense in the league outplayed us aside from the Blaine Gabbert-led Jaguars. We are nearly as low as we could possibly go.
    I said the same thing after the game. Until the offense proves otherwise, we are in a battle with the jaguars for the worse offense in the league. At least the jaguars have an excuse, the Steelers have none.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Flasteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere on the water.
    Posts
    2,594
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I said the same thing after the game. Until the offense proves otherwise, we are in a battle with the jaguars for the worse offense in the league. At least the jaguars have an excuse, the Steelers have none.
    I'd say the worst offensive line in the league is a pretty good excuse.



    "I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

    "Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."


    -Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,045
    Add in some WRs who cannot make plays on the ball and make some catches.

  7. #7
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    I'd say the worst offensive line in the league is a pretty good excuse.
    Is it not a coincidence that the o-line has always been a problem with Ben as the QB? I'm not saying the o-line is great but I'm not placing the blame squarely on them. The offensive line issues are at least: 50% Ben and 50% o-line.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    4,039
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Is it not a coincidence that the o-line has always been a problem with Ben as the QB? I'm not saying the o-line is great but I'm not placing the blame squarely on them. The offensive line issues are at least: 50% Ben and 50% o-line.
    i am not one of those fans who thinks Ben can do no wrong. However, your formula is waaaaaaaaay off. That was perhaps the worst game a Steeler o line has played in the 32 years that I have watched them. That was not a top caliber d line they played against either. Ben cannot be expected to have even a decent day when they run and pass block that poorly.

    also, I am liking my mock more after watching Gilbert and Adams crap the bed again. I may need to add more OL.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  9. #9
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    i am not one of those fans who thinks Ben can do no wrong. However, your formula is waaaaaaaaay off. That was perhaps the worst game a Steeler o line has played in the 32 years that I have watched them. That was not a top caliber d line they played against either. Ben cannot be expected to have even a decent day when they run and pass block that poorly.
    Ben took 2 sacks (probably more) that should have never happened but since he holds onto the ball for an eternity, they turned into sacks. In the one instance, Paulson was standing wide open 10-15 yards in the middle of the field.. there wasn't a defender within 10 yards of him. If Ben would have thrown the ball, it would have resulted in a first down. But nope... he didn't go thru his progressions and was staring downfield which wasn't open and held onto the ball resulting in another sack.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    2,167
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Ben took 2 sacks (probably more) that should have never happened but since he holds onto the ball for an eternity, they turned into sacks. In the one instance, Paulson was standing wide open 10-15 yards in the middle of the field.. there wasn't a defender within 10 yards of him. If Ben would have thrown the ball, it would have resulted in a first down. But nope... he didn't go thru his progressions and was staring downfield which wasn't open and held onto the ball resulting in another sack.
    I agree but your math may be off a little.
    Ben 45
    Ol 55

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •