Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, Shifting Gears: Moving forward, what can we do this year. For the next game even?

Legend

User Info Menu

OK, Shifting Gears: Moving forward, what can we do this year. For the next game even?

Bengals, Monday night.

What's our best strategy? On offense - maybe thinning out the playback so we have no plays that require more than a 5 step drop - we don't have the blockers to protect Ben.

On D ... geesh, I don't know. We didn't get much pressure today, McClendon didn't really burn up the NT position at all. Their QB had enough time back there to get a manicure. Maybe our future lies in Hebron Fangupo steppping up and surprising us all.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Until a center is found, Bell is healthy and Heath makes a return I would start Landry Jones.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

On Defense start Jarvis Jones & Vince Williams lets stop the run first. On offense start Felix Jones if Bell isn't ready. I'd prefer Bell over Jones just for his ability to pass block. If there is any chance that Miller can come back at 75% do it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Honestly Im not sure what we can do. I have the NFL package and the Redzone. Ive been watching all day. I havent seen a team yet today that looks as bad as the Steelers besides the Jaguars. Right now we are a bottom ten team in this league. Im not sure how we magically fix things before the Cin game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Try Felix Jones over Redman.

Tell Sanders his starting position was always tenuous and its more so now.

Don't know what I'd do with that OL. They seem like a bunch of idiots out there. They seem to do better in no huddle.

Legend

User Info Menu

Felix Jones... Redman on 3rd down for blocking.

No more bubble screens on 3rd down.

Let Ben call more plays he likes... and for the love of all things black and gold stop running that slow no huddle. Chip Kelly was right... standing around is a waist of time. Snap the freaking ball

Defense is fine... more Jarvis tho.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 09-08-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Try Felix Jones over Redman.

Tell Sanders his starting position was always tenuous and its more so now.

Don't know what I'd do with that OL. They seem like a bunch of idiots out there. They seem to do better in no huddle.
    You may have inadvertently given the key to the next game. Jones starts. We go no huddle out the gate. Jarvis Jones starts the entire game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    You may have inadvertently given the key to the next game. Jones starts. We go no huddle out the gate. Jarvis Jones starts the entire game.
    Wouldn't that be, "advertently", actually?

(Sorry, bad day here )

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

AJ Green had a blowout game against one of the better CBs in Tillman. Prob now is Cinci's got a ton of O weapons and the Steelers don't have enough guys that can cover them. Dalton threw some picks, so there is a chance the Steelers might score a TD in this one (on defense).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Inadvertently? I think he meant to say what he typed.