Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, Shifting Gears: Moving forward, what can we do this year. For the next game even?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't know. To me saying something like "seem" or "try" isn't the most direct statement ever.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I meant to say that they clearly do better in no huddle, and I guarantee a win over Cincy if my correct suggestion is implemented by the coaching staff. The Steelers proceed against my clear direction at their own risk.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    I meant to say that they clearly do better in no huddle, and I guarantee a win over Cincy if my correct suggestion is implemented by the coaching staff. The Steelers proceed against my clear direction at their own risk.
    Well if it helps I definitely agree with you.

Starter

User Info Menu

I think we need to get Wheaton on the field more, especially mixing in some runs or reverses for him. Use Jones more. Tell Redman to stop dancing and spinning back there. Why is it that all Steeler RB seem to fall in love with that. Try Jones more. Resign Baron Batch to replace Howling, Batch may not be as big as some but he doesnt usually dance around back there and he will block.

I think the defense is pretty good. I thought McLendon did a good job of getting into the backfield, unfortunately Locker was able to extend some plays and make something happen outside the pocket. Dalton isnt that mobile. Not sure how best to replace Foote, whether move Worilds inside or start one of the young bucks. What about sticking Troy in there giving the Shark a chance at safety?

Legend

User Info Menu

Howling doesn't dance... and Batch was horrible. I agree about Dalton, he doesn't move well like Locker.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Howling doesn't dance... and Batch was horrible.
    Howling is out for the year. He never had a chance to learn.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Howling is out for the year. He never had a chance to learn.
    WTF... 3 season ending injuries.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re-sign Dwyer for sure now. Every time Redman had zero, Dwyer would have had two. Every time Redman had two (did that ever happen?), Dwyer would have four.

Unless Redman truly is as good a third down blocker as people say, he should be cut. If he's kept on the team, he should certainly never touch the ball again, unless he's recovering someone else's fumble.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Howling doesn't dance... and Batch was horrible. I agree about Dalton, he doesn't move well like Locker.
    I didnt mean to say that Howling was a dancer. I was referring to Redman. I thought Howling ran better than Redman because he was running more N-S than Redman. But I said replace Howling because Howling is injured and I presume done for the year. I didnt think Batch sucked as much as he didnt have some of the huge holes of which Dwyer was the beneficiary for most of the big plays he made in the preseason. And Dwyer is a dancer too. And a fumbler.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Honestly, Dwyer and Redman are BOTH situational guys. Neither should be feature backs. They could be good together.
    I wonder why they never looked at Dwyer as the Fullback and Redman as a tailback. Maybe Dwyer just isn't a good blocker... I woulda liked to see it though. He'd had to of been better at FB than David Johnson...