Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: I miss Bruce

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Not to mention, Ben was hurt for more games with Haley calling the shots than he typically was out when Arians was running the O.
    Not counting suspensions and sitting out meaningless games with their playoff seed secure? Ben, in 5 years with BA missed a total of.....

TWO GAMES, in which he would have played had he been healthy.

But somehow that's a big deal while Mr. Head and Shoulders has missed what? 20 since 2009?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Some of you have really short memories. Go back to the Philly game a few years ago. Does 9 sacks ring a bell? Please don't give me this "BA was a great coordinator" crap. He was average at best and we wanted to improve. Is Haley an improvement? As of right now I would say no but that doesn't mean we should have held on to BA's mediocrity and if Haley doesn't improve by the end of the year let's get rid of him and on to the next guy.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Some of you have really short memories. Go back to the Philly game a few years ago. Does 9 sacks ring a bell? Please don't give me this "BA was a great coordinator" crap. He was average at best and we wanted to improve. Is Haley an improvement? As of right now I would say no but that doesn't mean we should have held on to BA's mediocrity and if Haley doesn't improve by the end of the year let's get rid of him and on to the next guy.
    Didn't we win the SB that year? LOL...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I really do.
    Me too.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So, in Arizona, Haley took a team with basically no running game, but Kurt Warner, Fitzgerald, and Boldin, and their offense was pretty damn great and took them to the Superbowl.

In KC, he took a crappy team with no offense, and in one year they were leading the league in rushing with an unknown Jamal Charles and virtually no passing game. Proving that in those two stops, you don't need one, to have the other.

In Pittsburgh, Where we have a pretty damn good QB, and our talent is obviously with the WR and not the RB or offensive line, and you think it is HIS CHOICE to run it so much? I think the Rooney's meddling is the reason we have no offense. They dictate what 'type' of offense we have, and that is a running offense, regardless of the talent of our offensive line.

A short passing offense with the occasional deep shot would be FINE if Ben were in shotgun a lot, running a REAL no huddle/quick passing/up tempo offense a lot, with a single back set. Haley is being told to run it and that comes from the Rooney's. The guy was known for utilizing the talents of his players to devise an offensive scheme and did it at every stop. But he gets here, and suddenly he is a bumbling idiot. Don't think so.
    @_Hellgrammite

Banned

User Info Menu

n KC, he took a crappy team with no offense, and in one year they were leading the league in rushing with an unknown Jamal Charles and virtually no passing game. Proving that in those two stops, you don't need one, to have the other.
    Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooold it.

The ONE YEAR the Chiefs did well was the year Charlie Weis was brought in to work with Matt Cassell.

Haley then drove Weis away because he was a douche sandwich and the Chiefs suddenly went back to being crap.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    So, in Arizona, Haley took a team with basically no running game, but Kurt Warner, Fitzgerald, and Boldin, and their offense was pretty damn great and took them to the Superbowl.

In KC, he took a crappy team with no offense, and in one year they were leading the league in rushing with an unknown Jamal Charles and virtually no passing game. Proving that in those two stops, you don't need one, to have the other.

In Pittsburgh, Where we have a pretty damn good QB, and our talent is obviously with the WR and not the RB or offensive line, and you think it is HIS CHOICE to run it so much? I think the Rooney's meddling is the reason we have no offense. They dictate what 'type' of offense we have, and that is a running offense, regardless of the talent of our offensive line.

A short passing offense with the occasional deep shot would be FINE if Ben were in shotgun a lot, running a REAL no huddle/quick passing/up tempo offense a lot, with a single back set. Haley is being told to run it and that comes from the Rooney's. The guy was known for utilizing the talents of his players to devise an offensive scheme and did it at every stop. But he gets here, and suddenly he is a bumbling idiot. Don't think so.
    This is a very good point you bring up.

I really hope Art realizes he needs to take a step back before the Steelers turn into the Cowboys or the Raiders.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post

Well... did you see what Boldin did in SF yesterday? I think the guy can make any QB look great due to his size.

KC had one good year and then Haley crapped the bed and was fired.

There isn't enough out there to have confidence in Haley IMO...

Legend

User Info Menu

Banned

User Info Menu

Even has-been Carson Palmer looked the best he's looked in years playing in Arians' offense. He didn't get garbage time stats like he usually does. He actually played a solid game in meaningful situations.

If Arians gets HIM into the playoffs? Art II might have a grabber.