Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 85

Thread: I miss Bruce

  1. #11
    a couple more years of haley?

    wow

  2. #12
    Haley just needs to quit getting stoned before the games.

  3. #13
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I really do.
    and he was pretty bad. I didn't think it could get worse than BA.. but it did.

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,414
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Sure... just because you say it doesn't make it so. I would rather see Ben sacked 10 times playing his game than get sacked 5 times while running this pathetic offense.
    5 sacks a game puts Ben on pace for 80 sacks in a season. Even BA didn't get him hit that much. I counted Ben getting hit 10 times today. That's more than he typically got hit in a BA called game. Haley was supposed to prevent Ben from taking shots, not get him hit more often.

    It's still tough for me to figure out Haley's overall plan. He's supposed to be helping us run the ball better too. But with all the short passes, more guys are around the LOS stopping the run and getting to the QB faster. At least taking shots down field, it puts less guys in the box and gives the OLinemen less people to block.

    All these things Haley was brought in to do, haven't been improving really. Now the one change I did notice is we seemed to take a couple more shots downfield today than I typically saw last season. So is Ben cajoling Haley back into calling a more BA like offense to cater to what Ben wants to do anyways? I mean it's not like we're fixing what was supposed to be fixed, so why not just let Ben do what he's comfortable doing which is what BA seemed to embrace from day 1.

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler thor75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    a couple more years of haley?

    wow
    yes, a QB who is resistant to change is no help. an OC needs time to implement his system. the change has not been effective though. I give him two years, how can you judge honestly before that??

  6. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    and he was pretty bad. I didn't think it could get worse than BA.. but it did.
    BA was above average... he wasn't great but he is pretty good. Our OL was trash and he made it work. He got rookies on the field and they produced.

    A few of us.. and by few I mean me, crash and maybe Burghsteel said it could get worse but everyone was too busy talking about BA not being a HC. Look at him now...his teams can actually score points and put together this thing they call a drive.

  7. #17
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,324
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    5 sacks a game puts Ben on pace for 80 sacks in a season. Even BA didn't get him hit that much. I counted Ben getting hit 10 times today. That's more than he typically got hit in a BA called game. Haley was supposed to prevent Ben from taking shots, not get him hit more often.

    It's still tough for me to figure out Haley's overall plan. He's supposed to be helping us run the ball better too. But with all the short passes, more guys are around the LOS stopping the run and getting to the QB faster. At least taking shots down field, it puts less guys in the box and gives the OLinemen less people to block.

    All these things Haley was brought in to do, haven't been improving really. Now the one change I did notice is we seemed to take a couple more shots downfield today than I typically saw last season. So is Ben cajoling Haley back into calling a more BA like offense to cater to what Ben wants to do anyways? I mean it's not like we're fixing what was supposed to be fixed, so why not just let Ben do what he's comfortable doing which is what BA seemed to embrace from day 1.
    To be fair we did go deep on our first play and Sanders should have caught that pass....

    but I agree... how can you run effectively when you have an attack that keeps 8 or 9 guys in the box?

    I also noticed a lot of high passes underneath by Ben... our WR's are smallish

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,272
    Before the Redman's fumble I thought the O looked good, was moving the ball, and I loved the long ball to open it up. But then the entire O crumbled after the turnover. I am actually having a hard time trying to understand what I saw today. Some of the worst offensive football in my lifetime.

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Before the Redman's fumble I thought the O looked good, was moving the ball, and I loved the long ball to open it up. But then the entire O crumbled after the turnover. I am actually having a hard time trying to understand what I saw today. Some of the worst offensive football in my lifetime.
    Pouncey injury... while some think he hasn't done anything since his rookie season he is still the QB of our OL.

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Pouncey injury... while some think he hasn't done anything since his rookie season he is still the QB of our OL.
    Yes, Beachum in his second year, playing a position he had not been practicing. Can't expect too much good coming from that, and it didn't.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •