Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did anyone see what caused DD to chop block Pouncey?

Legend

User Info Menu

The defender had his hand on DD before he dove at Pouncey. So DD had to know where the defefnder was and he didn't aim anywhere near him. I really hope someone asks DD WTF he was doing cause I've rewatched it 10 times and can't figure it out whatsoever.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Did DeCastro's right foot get hit by Gilbert's left foot, causing him to lose him balance?

I can't imagine any other reason he would be going down so awkwardly and aimlessly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jealousy................ DD wants to be the best Offensive player on the worst O-line in the NFL and Poucey was in his way.
    Last edited by fordfixer; 09-08-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Glad we have D.Johnson for his blocking prowess

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Stanford....leading the nation in tornado evacuation plans

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post
    That sorta thing is a core tenet of zone blocking.
    Yup. He was trying to chop the defender. Didn't do it very well, but it succeeded in taking out Pouncey.

Guess Gilby isn't the only one who can take out a teammate.

Starter

User Info Menu

Was DD expecting Pouncey to flow to his left while Pouncey was pushing up the field so the defender was not where DD was expecting him to be? I couldnt believe the replay when I saw it because it looked so bad. Like intention sabotage.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    Was DD expecting Pouncey to flow to his left while Pouncey was pushing up the field so the defender was not where DD was expecting him to be? I couldnt believe the replay when I saw it because it looked so bad. Like intention sabotage.
    I guarantee it was not sabotage. DD looked devastated. He was guessing. plain and simple

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    I think that's the only defensible position. They are all flowing left and then Pouncey stops him and holds him up. The only thing could be DD was aiming for where he thought the defender was going and he didn't expect Pouncey to stop the flow.