Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did anyone see what caused DD to chop block Pouncey?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Did anyone see what caused DD to chop block Pouncey?

I only saw one replay, but it seemed like no one pushed him into Pouncey, he just sort of dove at his knees while he was wrestling with someone up top. Did anyone see a replay that showed what really happened?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

[url]http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=354d60520f2c76c930c5c04f9ab39a e3&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fmcmillenandwifemessageboard.fr eeforums.org%2Fearly-reports-on-pouncey-t2245.html&v=1&libId=955c4bfc-84de-4f80-9ae3-d4cb959966b4&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfl.com%2Fvideos %2Fnfl-game-highlights%2F0ap2000000239950%2FPittsburgh-Steelers-center-Maurkice-Pouncey-carted-off-field&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fmcmillenandwifemessageboard .freeforums.org%2Fpittsburgh-sports-talk-f4.html&title=Up-To-Date.%20Unique.%20In-Depth.%20Complete.%20%E2%80%A2%20View%20topic%20-%20Early%20reports%20on%20Pouncey&txt=http%3A%2F%2 Fwww.nfl.com%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-game-high%20...%20-off-field&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13786739032336[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, he dove at the side of a defensive lineman around 5 feet from him and hit Pouncey instead.
    Poorly executed, cheap shot which back fired.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Yes, he dove at the side of a defensive lineman around 5 feet from him and hit Pouncey instead.
    I don't even think the DL was that close...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    That sorta thing is a core tenet of zone blocking. Eff it, I say.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post
    That sorta thing is a core tenet of zone blocking.
    Yup. He was trying to chop the defender. Didn't do it very well, but it succeeded in taking out Pouncey.

Guess Gilby isn't the only one who can take out a teammate.

Backup

User Info Menu

To me, and its hard to say this...but it looks like DD did it on purpose...but why??

Pouncey is wearing BRIGHT YELLOW PANTS, and the closest Dlinemen is wearing BLUE PANTS.

DD is looking at Pouncey the whole way, and goes straight into his knee!!!

This is mindboggling to me!! If DD didnt do it on purpose, this is as bad of an accident that I
    have ever seen a teammate injury another teammate...except for Gilbert getting DD last season..etc.

How does DD explain this...??? Did DD close his eyes while running, and WTF was he doing going so low
    at that point...the dlinemen was engaged with Pouncey, and it would have been a chop-block...

Steelers headed for top 5 draft status...competing with the Jags/Jets/Raiders for the worst record, and top pick!!

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler View Post
    To me, and its hard to say this...but it looks like DD did it on purpose...but why??

Pouncey is wearing BRIGHT YELLOW PANTS, and the closest Dlinemen is wearing BLUE PANTS.

DD is looking at Pouncey the whole way, and goes straight into his knee!!!

This is mindboggling to me!! If DD didnt do it on purpose, this is as bad of an accident that I
    have ever seen a teammate injury another teammate...except for Gilbert getting DD last season..etc.

How does DD explain this...??? Did DD close his eyes while running, and WTF was he doing going so low
    at that point...the dlinemen was engaged with Pouncey, and it would have been a chop-block...

Steelers headed for top 5 draft status...competing with the Jags/Jets/Raiders for the worst record, and top pick!!

JD
    I'm sorry guys but if DD would have hit the NT like he hit Pouncey it would not have been an illegal block and he would not have gotten fined. These are the types of blocks that Casey Hampton used to complain about and they are perfectly legal. Goodell doesn't give a damn if an offensive lineman ends someones career throwing a block like that. These are the types of blocks that made Mike Shannahan's famous run game go. Defensive linemen are so worried about trying to protect themselves they can't make a tackle. It stinks but many in the league have been doing this for years and many of us have asked why the Steelers haven't been.

I guess now we know ... our linemen are too stupid to block the opposing team.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I'm sorry guys but if DD would have hit the NT like he hit Pouncey it would not have been an illegal block and he would not have gotten fined. These are the types of blocks that Casey Hampton used to complain about and they are perfectly legal. Goodell doesn't give a damn if an offensive lineman ends someones career throwing a block like that. These are the types of blocks that made Mike Shannahan's famous run game go. Defensive linemen are so worried about trying to protect themselves they can't make a tackle. It stinks but many in the league have been doing this for years and many of us have asked why the Steelers haven't been.

I guess now we know ... our linemen are too stupid to block the opposing team.
    The Ravens - Yanda in particular, use exactly this type of block. From what I recall, the guard can chop the NT even if he is engaged with the center, but the OT can't.

I don't care for the blocks, either, but they are legal.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have no idea what DD was thinking.