Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I knew we weren't going to be good... but this bad?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I knew we weren't going to be good... but this bad?

We aren't good at a single _effing_ thing. Not ONE.

We can't block, we can't tackle, we can't catch...

Talk me off of the ledge folks...

Starter

User Info Menu

It really is as bad as it looked during the pre-season. Can't believe it. But it's real.

Sheesh.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

8-8 season? We will be lucky to repeat it. So glad I got the NL ticket this year.
    [URL]http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg[/URL]
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Legend

User Info Menu

Gay broke up 2 nice passes. Troy forced a fumble and then forgot to look for the ball. His next play timing the snap might have been the most beautiful play I've seen. Then JJ blew up Johnson behind the LOS. And Woodley had a sack. Timmons had a good hit on the QB. Keisel got pressure once. So did Heyward. That's about it.

Ben took 10 hits today because we couldn't block Ten's DT. I can only imagine what's gonna happen when we play against Ngata and Atkins for 4 games. Ben might get hit 200 times this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Gay broke up 2 nice passes. Troy forced a fumble and then forgot to look for the ball. His next play timing the snap might have been the most beautiful play I've seen. Then JJ blew up Johnson behind the LOS. And Woodley had a sack. Timmons had a good hit on the QB. Keisel got pressure once. So did Heyward. That's about it.

Ben took 10 hits today because we couldn't block Ten's DT. I can only imagine what's gonna happen when we play against Ngata and Atkins for 4 games. Ben might get hit 200 times this year.
    Only if he stays healthy for that long lol.

Legend

User Info Menu

At least our D didn't give up 7 passing TDs

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gradkowski will be starting before long.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

Flippy, I've been around since the trib days. You're ability to find a silver lining might be the only thing that'll keep me going this season...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post
    Flippy, I've been around since the trib days. You're ability to find a silver lining might be the only thing that'll keep me going this season...
    Not gonna lie to you. That game left me with more WTF moments than usual. But the defense played relatively well. And I think we'll get some pressure and turnovers out of Troy, JJ, Tez, Timmy, and Woodley. I also liked that we seemed to be mixing in DLinemen to keep the guys up front fresh.

Ben also made some good throws that WRs could have made some plays on and changed the outcome of this game. So I can see that working itself out. Especially once we get Heath back. And Ben was responsible for both of the turnovers and I think he can fix that. One was just a bad throw and the other was a bad handoff. I do wonder if the bad handoff happened as a result of a different QB/C exchange that threw things a bit off.

Hopefully Tez comes back. I think he's a key cog in our D that can be a big difference maker. We do need to clean some stuff up on the OLine, but that can take time with guys in new positions. Ben can't get hit 10 times a game. If we can fix that we can be ok.

There's still enough talent in some key superstars to overcome these problems.