Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I knew we weren't going to be good... but this bad?

Legend

User Info Menu

There is no silver lining.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Gay broke up 2 nice passes. Troy forced a fumble and then forgot to look for the ball. His next play timing the snap might have been the most beautiful play I've seen. Then JJ blew up Johnson behind the LOS. And Woodley had a sack. Timmons had a good hit on the QB. Keisel got pressure once. So did Heyward. That's about it.

Ben took 10 hits today because we couldn't block Ten's DT. I can only imagine what's gonna happen when we play against Ngata and Atkins for 4 games. Ben might get hit 200 times this year.
    Zane Beadles had no problem with H. Ngata this past Thursday. Yes, Zane Beadles, ever heard of him?? I really hadn't. Pouncey is unfortunately overrated, and now Beachum is in the center position. I have no quarrel with KB, I question the coaching and FO on their decisions. include the scouting dept in my rant please lol!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Not gonna lie to you. That game left me with more WTF moments than usual. But the defense played relatively well. And I think we'll get some pressure and turnovers out of Troy, JJ, Tez, Timmy, and Woodley. I also liked that we seemed to be mixing in DLinemen to keep the guys up front fresh.

Ben also made some good throws that WRs could have made some plays on and changed the outcome of this game. So I can see that working itself out. Especially once we get Heath back. And Ben was responsible for both of the turnovers and I think he can fix that. One was just a bad throw and the other was a bad handoff. I do wonder if the bad handoff happened as a result of a different QB/C exchange that threw things a bit off.

Hopefully Tez comes back. I think he's a key cog in our D that can be a big difference maker. We do need to clean some stuff up on the OLine, but that can take time with guys in new positions. Ben can't get hit 10 times a game. If we can fix that we can be ok.

There's still enough talent in some key superstars to overcome these problems.
    That's a good point. If Manny comes up with ANY of his close misses it's a totally different game. I still kinda hope Isaac Redman gets lot in the Liberty Tubes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

steelers got ground into hamburger

no silver linings

Legend

User Info Menu

Doc Holliday tried to warn us about how bad this team was...turns out he was right.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post
    That's a good point. If Manny comes up with ANY of his close misses it's a totally different game. I still kinda hope Isaac Redman gets lot in the Liberty Tubes.
    Sanders - targeted 12 times; 7 catches 57 yds.... those kinds of numbers, aren't you glad the Steelers chose a one year deal??

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Sanders - targeted 12 times; 7 catches 57 yds.... those kinds of numbers, aren't you glad the Steelers chose a one year deal??
    I'll take Manny all year... I have no quarrels with Sanders

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

please.

sanders had a bad game.

he should have caught the deep ball right off the bat, but let it go right through his hands.

Legend

User Info Menu

I can't come up with a single positive on the offensive side of the ball. Nothing. An F for every offensive player and every offense coach. There inability to overcome Redman's fumble was sickening. Not one once of pride.

And the D kept them in it but so did J Locker. He is a terrible QB. Third and long is a damn joke. I expect to see many games where the Steelers lose by 21 or more. A good QB with even a little time will carve them up without mercy.