Thread: Lombardi+Shula+Noll couldn't have coached this team to victory today

Legend

User Info Menu

Lombardi+Shula+Noll couldn't have coached this team to victory today

3 season-ending injuries in 1 game, 2 to starters. (Foote, Pouncey; Howling).

Other starters on the PUP list.

Cr*p on the OL BEFORE we lose Pouncey.

Wouldn't have made a difference.

Just saying - IMO - too many injuries to allow a meaningful evaluation of the coaching.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Please...Are you kidding me? Every team has injuries including MAJOR ones.

The entire offense sucked. The coaching sucked.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post

Respectfully, no I'm not kidding!

we lost our two signal callers yesterday. Who was making the O-line calls w/ Pouncey out? And yes Foote had enough experience behind him that the effect wasn't as bad, but still had to be disruptive.

And sure, MAYBE better coaching could have resulted in better pressure on the other QB, and just one of those 3rd and longs could have been stopped, and we would have won, but the talent has to be there too.

We have very little talent in a lot of key positions, and even worse, no depth behind that!

Maybe our coaching sucks, maybe it doesn't, but it's hard to say without good players. Just my 2c.

PS Giants board looks a lot like ours this AM. Coughlin SUX!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

If we never sucked, we'd never be able to truly appreciate being great. This is all in the master plan to prepare us to enjoy a sweet future.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post

I have always been a Tomlin supporter. But I agree With 09. The coaching sucked.

Why do they continue to only dress 7 lineman when the line is injury prone? Is it really far fetched to believe 3 lineman could go down?

Why do you let Legursky leave in the hopes that Malecki can step up and be the backup center? Then you let Malecki win a job here during camp. Then you cut him and sign a nobody who dosent dress days before your first game. Its not like Pouncey has been a pillar of health. Who besides Tomlin didnt see this coming?

How about cutting your starting running back in order to give the bulk of carries to a guy that missed the whole preseason? Then you trade for a guy with some upside and sit him for the entire game.

Tomlin brought Haley in. On top of the sometimes bizarre playcalling Haleys attitude is beginning to show on the sidelines.

Tomlin made his own bed here. This loss is on him as much as it is his players.
    Last edited by 7 UP; 09-09-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Respectfully, no I'm not kidding!

we lost our two signal callers yesterday. Who was making the O-line calls w/ Pouncey out? And yes Foote had enough experience behind him that the effect wasn't as bad, but still had to be disruptive.

And sure, MAYBE better coaching could have resulted in better pressure on the other QB, and just one of those 3rd and longs could have been stopped, and we would have won, but the talent has to be there too.

We have very little talent in a lot of key positions, and even worse, no depth behind that!

Maybe our coaching sucks, maybe it doesn't, but it's hard to say without good players. Just my 2c.

PS Giants board looks a lot like ours this AM. Coughlin SUX!
    I can't use injuries as an excuse when this BS has been going on since last year. It's a trend regardless.

I'm not surprised about the NY Giants boards. Tomlin should feel lucky that he doesn't have to deal with the NY or Philly media. They would be eating him alive right now.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    I have always been a Tomlin supporter. But I agree With 09. The coaching sucked.

Why do they continue to only dress 7 lineman when the line is injury prone? Is it really fqr fwtched to believe 3 lineman could go down?

Why do you let Legursky leave in the hopes that Malecki can step up and be the backup center? Then you let Malecki win a job here during camp. Then you cut him and sign a nobody who dosent dress days before your first game. Its not like Pouncey has been a pillar of health. Who besides Tomlin didnt see this coming?

How about cutting your starting running back in order to give the bulk of carries to a guy that missed the whole preseason? Then you trade for a guy with some upside and sit him for the entire game.

Tomlin brought Haley in. On top of the sometimes bizzare playcalling Haleys attitude is begining to show on the sidelines.

Tomlin made his own bed here. This loss is on him as much as it is his players.
    spot on... this FO has made a ton of WTF moves lately.