Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we finally admit that Tomlin is a joke?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Maybe we can use another high draft pick on an O-lineman
    They're just canceling each other out at this point. DeCastro destroyed Pouncey. Next guy up destroys DeCastro. Tunch and Webby come back to destroy THAT guy. Where does it end!?

Legend

User Info Menu

Well we know the zone blocking scheme doesn't work...
    Whats next Tomlin, aren't you the head coach?

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm losing faith in this whole organization. We feed Dwyer all preseason even though we knew we would cut him. We start a UDFA who showed he isnt a starter and refused to play Felix Jones.

We keep picking up bums on the OL. We keep drafting guys who fall...when clearly there is a reason why they fell.

Injuries... I've never seen so many injuries.

No huddle is slow as dirt...

We fire our OC after saying he would stay and lie about why he is departing.

We keep letting go of better coaches and players for scrubs.

Rant over...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

there definitely is a lack of leadership on this team. They came out flat against GB in the super bowl and I dare anyone to say different. Whether its Tomlin or not (my belief it is) there has been no change since then. Is Big Ben a leader?? I don't know, I'm not there in the locker room. Its a collective effort and that is usually spear headed by a definite leader. The Steelers do not have this imo. The Rooneys will stick with Tomlin, not because of his effectiveness as a coach, but due to their stubbornness as him being their hire. Just like LeBeau has stubbornly stuck with Hood and Heyward because they were 1st rd. draft picks. Sometimes you just have to move on. I am not a doom and gloomer but this team looked horrible today with no visions of a brighter future.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin's a joke. I agree.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    My guess? He won't panic like the message board chicken littles and prepare for next week...
    If Tomlin doesn't panic then we are really in trouble. This whole chicken little crap is getting old... but I guess we should calm down and realize its only one game. Its not like we missed the playoffs and looked like crap this preseason. lol

Rookie

User Info Menu

Like i said months ago, 3rd place is all we can hope for with this team. Reality sucks!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    If Tomlin doesn't panic then we are really in trouble. This whole chicken little crap is getting old... but I guess we should calm down and realize its only one game. Its not like we missed the playoffs and looked like crap this preseason. lol
    It's like Tomlin is acting like Cowher in his lame duck season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It's like Tomlin is acting like Cowher in his lame duck season.
    Hmm.... that sounds about right. I'm sure someone will snag Tomblin up. I like the idea of a Ken Whisenhunt or Russ Grimm type as a head coach for PITT.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Hmm.... that sounds about right. I'm sure someone will snag Tomblin up. I like the idea of a Ken Whisenhunt or Russ Grimm type as a head coach for PITT.
    russ grimm seriously?? vanilla, vanilla, vanilla. we'd have to hit the college ranks imo and get a motivator.