Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 94

Thread: Can we finally admit that Tomlin is a joke?

  1. #81
    Benchwarmer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    86
    Second year in a row that Tomlin has failed to prepare the Steelers for the opening game. Awful performance by the offense. Even bad teams can play up to their potential. We were not even close.

  2. #82
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,624
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Execution was the issue for the offense today. Not many teams overcome losing the turnover battle.
    That's what we were hoping would be corrected from last year and the pre-season, but it hasn't and it doesn't appear that anyone has a solution to the problem. It just keeps happening over and over and over again, it's like the movie Groundhog Day.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.47) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    4.114) Brandon Coleman - WR
    5.145) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    6.176)
    7.207) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.215)

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  3. #83
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That's what we were hoping would be corrected from last year and the pre-season, but it hasn't and it doesn't appear that anyone has a solution to the problem. It just keeps happening over and over and over again, it's like the movie Groundhog Day.

    Pappy
    The offense is going to be inconsistent as long as Ben is the QB. The offense has been inconsistent for 10 years. It's going to remain that way regardless of the OC and players around Ben. We'll just have to hope that Ben can play well enough to pull out the close games this season like he did in the past. Maybe I'm wrong but I've always believed that the play of the QB has a trickle down effect on the entire offense for good or bad.

  4. #84
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,106
    I'm always amazed how fortunate we are to have new posters find this board just in time of a terrible loss like this.

    What a lucky coincidence. Lol

  5. #85
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    I'm always amazed how fortunate we are to have new posters find this board just in time of a terrible loss like this.

    What a lucky coincidence. Lol
    The only subject the Clown has commented on was Tomlin is so bad, No offense, no St , no Haley just Tomlin. He must be a Russ Grimm fan.

  6. #86
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Second year in a row that Tomlin has failed to prepare the Steelers for the opening game. Awful performance by the offense. Even bad teams can play up to their potential. We were not even close.
    I thought we looked good opening day last year. Our 3rd down conversions were awesome and we were in the game until the very end. If we woulda played like that today we would have killed the Titans.
    https://cex.io/r/0/birtikidis/0/
    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  7. #87
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,232
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That's what we were hoping would be corrected from last year and the pre-season, but it hasn't and it doesn't appear that anyone has a solution to the problem. It just keeps happening over and over and over again, it's like the movie Groundhog Day.

    Pappy
    lol - who's playing bill murray?

  8. #88
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,895
    I agree with pappy.

    This team lacks talent. And on offense today our WRs could not make plays on balls thrown to them. Drops, no plays on the ball. Players like D. Thomas in Denver, Megatron, etc, make plays and catch balls our receivers are too small and weak to make. Steeler fan rose colored glasses have ignored this weak spot now since Hines Ward retired.

  9. #89
    Benchwarmer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I thought we looked good opening day last year. Our 3rd down conversions were awesome and we were in the game until the very end. If we woulda played like that today we would have killed the Titans.
    I'm sorry. Getting old and time flies. I thought last year was the drubbing from the Ravens. You are correct, we looked fine last year in that loss to the Broncos.

  10. #90
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,450
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    lol - who's playing bill murray?
    Well it can't be GRUMPY GOUK he's not funny enough

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •