Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Can we finally admit that Tomlin is a joke?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Why was George Seifert able to win a SB in SF right after Walsh leaves, but doesn't do squat in Carolina?
    Same could be said for Tomlin and Switzer. They inherited teams ready to win. It's not like any of these guys ever built a winner. The just were handed the keys and told to drive straight.
    Last edited by TomlintheClown; 09-08-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomlintheClown View Post
    Same good be said for Tomlin and Switzer. They inherited teams ready to win. It's not like any of these guys ever built a winner. The just were handed the keys and told to drive straight.
    Exactly..... I will say this..... This team doesn't suck from lack of talent. They suck because of mistakes, poor execution and poor coaching. That is what frustrates me more than anything. This team has the talent that SHOULD be able to compete with the top tier teams. Instead, this team executes so poorly that they lose to the bottom of the barrel teams. When that starts becoming a trend (it has), ownership will start putting people on the hot seat and that begins with the HC... like it or not.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Exactly..... I will say this..... This team doesn't suck from lack of talent. They suck because of mistakes, poor execution and poor coaching. That is what frustrates me more than anything. This team has the talent that SHOULD be able to compete with the top tier teams. Instead, this team executes so poorly that they lose to the bottom of the barrel teams. When that starts becoming a trend (it has), ownership will start putting people on the hot seat and that begins with the HC... like it or not.
    you know we'll probably come out and light up cincy next week. the thing is we always seem to play at about the level of the competition. today's performance just tells me TN is really bad.

Banned
    Because of the Rooney Rule Tomlin isn't going anywhere. Even if he did we would just hire another worthless minority to make the Rooney's feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The days of hiring the best qualified candidate are over until the Rooney's die off and/or lose control.

Starter
    Absolutely correct...and it has become the trend.

I think you're allowing draft position cloud your evaluation of the talent. The O-line has 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks, you would think they would be good, they are not.

Heyward and Hood were first round picks and they're playing like 4th or 5th round picks well into their careers.

They could have skipped the 2008 and 2009 drafts and we;d have about the same number of players form those drafts still playing.

I thought the talent was there like you do, but I'm beginning to believe the talent simply isn't there and the FO has simply missed on entire drafts and the majority of a couple others.

talent is the issue, IMO.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    you know we'll probably come out and light up cincy next week. the thing is we always seem to play at about the level of the competition. today's performance just tells me TN is really bad.
    You wanna bet? You're thinking Cowher is the still the coach. We have Tomlin. I expect this dismal performance to be followed up with another. My guess is Cincy will bounce back before we do.
    We will start 0-2 enroute to a 5-11 season.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Lol flip this made me laugh because its so true...

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by TomlintheClown View Post
    You wanna bet? You're thinking Cowher is the still the coach. We have Tomlin. I expect this dismal performance to be followed up with another. My guess is Cincy will bounce back before we do.
    We will start 0-2 enroute to a 5-11 season.
    and "The standard is the standard" lol

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I think you're allowing draft position cloud your evaluation of the talent. The O-line has 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks, you would think they would be good, they are not.

Heyward and Hood were first round picks and they're playing like 4th or 5th round picks well into their careers.

They could have skipped the 2008 and 2009 drafts and we;d have about the same number of players form those drafts still playing.

I thought the talent was there like you do, but I'm beginning to believe the talent simply isn't there and the FO has simply missed on entire drafts and the majority of a couple others.

talent is the issue, IMO.

Pappy
    Execution was the issue for the offense today. Not many teams overcome losing the turnover battle.