Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we finally admit that Tomlin is a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It's like Tomlin is acting like Cowher in his lame duck season.
    Except he's kept this up for years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Tomlin's a joke. I agree.
    Thank you. Now how do we run this sorry excuse for a coach out of town?

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    russ grimm seriously?? vanilla, vanilla, vanilla. we'd have to hit the college ranks imo and get a motivator.
    Yea seriously...

once players get to this level they don't need "Rah, Rah" guys. If that's the case teams like the Patriots would be looking for a new coach.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    If Tomlin doesn't panic then we are really in trouble. This whole chicken little crap is getting old... but I guess we should calm down and realize its only one game. Its not like we missed the playoffs and looked like crap this preseason. lol
    Everyone gave Tomlin a pass for the 0-4 preseason. What's the excuse now? Tomlin is like a 3 day old bandaid. We just need to yank it off with one quick pull and start the healing process. Maybe invite Cowher to fix what this guy has clearly screwed up. Ben doesn't like the hire then he can hit the road too. Looks like we'll have a top 5 pick so if we need a QB we can grab one.

Starter
    on second thought...let's move our special teams coach up to Head Coach. He's a real "Screamer" in practice from what I hear. lol

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by TomlintheClown View Post
    Everyone gave Tomlin a pass for the 0-4 preseason. What's the excuse now? Tomlin is like a 3 day old bandaid. We just need to yank it off with one quick pull and start the healing process. Maybe invite Cowher to fix what this guy has clearly screwed up. Ben doesn't like the hire then he can hit the road too. Looks like we'll have a top 5 pick so if we need a QB we can grab one.
    If the FO is smart enough now to realize that the Steelers are clearly in "rebuilding" mode...maybe they will start the process, beginning at the top.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Yea seriously...

once players get to this level they don't need "Rah, Rah" guys. If that's the case teams like the Patriots would be looking for a new coach.
    Bill Belichick gets results because his players play on the edge. Nobody wants to be "that guy" in film study. All the Steelers will get from Tomlin is some "ass patting" and a few "hugs" and "we'll get them next week speech." When you get to this level and make millions you need a guy that is going to get in your face. Cowher was perfect doing that. What he lacked in X and O's he made up in motivation. Tomlin lacks X's and O's and motivation.

Starter
    So what you are saying is that the Pats are superbowl contenders every year because they are motivated by the fact that...

they'd better play well, or potentially face the "Wrath" of Bellichick during film study?

I think there's more to it than that..maybe the fact that Bellichick is a damned genius schematically. I agree with your thoughts about tomblin though.

Starter
    By the way... I'm all for coaches getting in a guy's a$$ for screwing up... I like the "Cowher" hard a$$ type too. Getting in a guy's "Grill" and the term "Motivation" aren't one in a same though.

If playing in the NFL, being famous, making millions of bucks, etc...isn't enough to motivate a guy to go out and give 100% every week... they don't belong at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Yea seriously...

I think they still need leaders, aka rah rah guys. do the ravens still win the sb without Ray Lewis and Anquan Boldin? For that matter, do the steelers still win the SB without Jerome? Leadership is highly critical imo. If I can borrow from the military...you should train your officers to be two steps ahead of their current rank. WhY?? Unfortunately leaders are lost and the next man up better be capable. I just think the Steelers have not found a voice, thus the lack of leadership. The critical downs are reflective.