Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we finally admit that Tomlin is a joke?

Legend

User Info Menu

Rah, Rah guys in the huddle... absolutely..

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Rah, Rah guys in the huddle... absolutely..
    We need people like Anquan Boldin or Steve Smith who would have no problem telling someone they suck because Tomlin won't.

Legend

User Info Menu

We don't need a screamer... we need a leader. Right now we are in limbo.

The owner is the real problem. We were winning with RUTFM... but that wasn't enough.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    We don't need a screamer... we need a leader. Right now we are in limbo.

The owner is the real problem. We were winning with RUTFM... but that wasn't enough.
    I agree 100%.. doesn't even have to be a "Vocal" leader so to speak.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    By the way... I'm all for coaches getting in a guy's a$$ for screwing up... I like the "Cowher" hard a$$ type too. Getting in a guy's "Grill" and the term "Motivation" aren't one in a same though.

If playing in the NFL, being famous, making millions of bucks, etc...isn't enough to motivate a guy to go out and give 100% every week... they don't belong at that level.
    These guys are paid if they win or lose... NFL careers are also 3.5 years... great coaches know how to motivate great players. This is why coaches are paid different amounts based on their effectiveness.

Tomlin said he was hired because he was "cheap labor" ... maybe its run its course because it looks and feels like he has reached a plateau

Administrator

User Info Menu

I personally like the Tomlin "character" but how can anyone dispute the fact that Tomlin has been pathetic as of recently...dating back to the beginning of last year.

I'm so over it.... Ben as well. He performed terribly.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Forget Tomlin, where's all the Bruce Arians haters at today?
    I'm a Arians hater and I still hate Arians. This is not a OC problem. Does the OC make poor personnel decisions? Does the OC ask Ben to perform like crap? Does the OC ask Redman to fumble twice? Does the OC ask Ben to take sacks when the TE is wide open 15 yards down the field without any defender in sight?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Umm...those are facts, not excuses...
    They are facts but come on man. How long are you willing to let this go on? The fumble situation... The poor execution... The poor coaching... The penalties... The poor personnel decisions. It's always something with this team.

I'm so fed up with the excuses for Tomlin and actually Ben. For Tomlin, everyone makes the excuse that he has no control over the personnel decisions, and playcalling or people blaming the coordinator. That's the biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard. Listen, I wanted Arians gone and I don't blame that on Tomlin. With that being said, this ongoing performance was beyond a OC. This was HORRIBLE.

For the record, I'm really trying to stay calm and level headed but it's tough given the circumstances. This team lost to the worst teams in football last year. This team continued the poor play and went 0-4 in the preseason with the same type of mistakes as last year. Now, they delivered one of the most pathetic offensive performances I can remember. I had to walk away for about 10 minutes because it was actually painful to watch and I was so disgusted. I'm having a really hard time describing how absolutely pathetic looking the Steelers looked. I'm just in disbelief.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I'm a Arians hater and I still hate Arians. This is not a OC problem. Does the OC make poor personnel decisions? Does the OC ask Ben to perform like crap? Does the OC ask Redman to fumble twice? Does the OC ask Ben to take sacks when the TE is wide open 15 yards down the field without any defender in sight?
    So, Tomlin asked for all those things?

Legend

User Info Menu

Not to mention the continued block in the back and holding penalties that plagued our ST last year.
    2 more today if anyone's counting