Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Listening to the Broncos/Ravens commentary

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Funny I've found in recent seasons Collinsworth seems to be strangely pro Steeler, very different than he used to be in the past. Almost like he is going out of his way to overcompensate for past biases.

I like Gruden too but to say he has no predisposition is not true. Dude loves the Steelers. I think our traditional style appeals to him and Tomlin is his boy from back in the day with the Bucs.
    Maybe that's the subconscious reason I like him I don't remember seeing him do a Steeler game recently but then again I have a bad case of CRS.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Given that there are a lot of fans of the Broncos and Ravens watching the game, I'm not sure they want to hear how bad their QB sucks all night. Telling the truth might hurt the ratings. These guys are trying to sell the NFL, so they have to be overly positive. Although, like you, I secretly wish they'd just tell it like it is more often.

I'm glad the Ravens spent so much on Flacco. He's just another QB that's terrible under pressure. Hopefully we can bring the pressure when we play them.
    pretty much...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I disagree. In the NFL, giving up big plays generally gets you beat...
    I disagree.. it wasn't a bad play at all by the defender. I could see if he was no where close and tried to jump the route but he was inches away from a pick.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I disagree. In the NFL, giving up big plays generally gets you beat...
    So does sitting back and just hoping the other team makes a mistake along the way. You have to be aggressive in today's NFL. You may still get beat, but you'll also have a better chance at making big plays.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Collinsworth did have a great comment early in the game regarding Flacco. "His streak of good luck continues."

I thought that was spot on.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I disagree.. it wasn't a bad play at all by the defender. I could see if he was no where close and tried to jump the route but he was inches away from a pick.
    first or second down maybe, but on third and 12 it is a bad play. Worst case scenario if he plays it safe is that they are forced to punt so they get the ball back, just not in as good field position. Worst case scenario on the gamble, you give them a new set of downs across midfield instead of you getting the ball around the same spot.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    Collinsworth did have a great comment early in the game regarding Flacco. "His streak of good luck continues."

I thought that was spot on.
    Agreed...and I noticed that and thought the same thing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    Jones sucks as a receiver. He got lucky a couple times I. The postseasonast year.

I'm more afraid of that marlon brown kid once he gets experience
    At 6'5 / 210lbs this guy could create matchup problems for us for years to come... the prototypical NFL WR. Agreed. .. a nightmare in the making.