Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hope the Steeler Players and Coaches were watching NFL opening game last night.

Hybrid View

Hope the Steeler Players and Coaches were watching NFL opening game last night.

Hope they were paying attention real good...

Because, they will need to score touchdowns and put more points up then what
    they did last season. They cannot just kick field goals often ...they need to play aggressive, mix the plays up, etc....
    Element of surprise not like this lame duck response to Syria........

They will need to show up Sunday and play to win.......
    They better not have this play safe attitude or thy will be eaten alive.....

Legend
    Especially since Lebeau's scheme woulda probably given up 10 passing TDs

The Ravens Defense is Garbage and got winded in their first whole game in Denver. Similar thing happened last year on opening night to us but we didn't give up 49pts.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    The Ravens Defense is Garbage and got winded in their first whole game in Denver. Similar thing happened last year on opening night to us but we didn't give up 49pts.
    A loss is a loss and we lost last season same way the Ravens did. Couldn't get to the QB!
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post

they did last season. They cannot just kick field goals often ...they need to play aggressive, mix the plays up, etc....

Syria? Wow.. nice.

Anyway... there is no reason to make a case for scoring a ton of points due to a Denver blow out at home vs a team who shocked them in the playoffs last year.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post

Wow!.... score more points. I'll bet the coaches never thought of that before.....

this is a silly post....

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Wow!.... score more points. I'll bet the coaches never thought of that before.....

this is a silly post....
    I can't speak for Sword, and if he wants to reply to this post to correct me then so be it. I think what he might be implying is that scoring points is more important than ball control or TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    I can't speak for Sword, and if he wants to reply to this post to correct me then so be it. I think what he might be implying is that scoring points is more important than ball control or TOP.
    Not implying that, just that we are no going to when games by getting down to the red zone and trying to run most of the time on first, second and then foced to pass on third down....then settling for field goals while the other teams
    just march down and score touchdowns.

we need to execute better on plays and mix them up..not be so predictable..

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

this is a silly post....
    The idea is to not have the mentality to milk the clock with a low score only to see the other team just come back and score touchdowns ... where were you the last couple of seasons.
    Our defense couldn't stop bad teams..so please don't tell me it's a silly post....

I believe the Broncos to be the best team in football. Opening in Denver is tough. Not sure the Steelers would have faired any better.