Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something incredibly fun to say

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    On the positive side, the Ravens were + 7:27 in time of possession
    Saw that stat myself this morning. At first I was a little surprised at that considering how many three-and-outs Baltimore had in the 2nd half, but after thinking about that it really wasn't that shocking. The Broncos went up tempo and never really took their foot off the gas pedal in the 2nd half.

Time of possession really is becoming less and less of an important stat in the NFL. Sure, if you have a slim lead in the fourth quarter you want to play some ball control, but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to win TOP for the entire game. Big plays from defense and special teams can also reduce a team's possession time as their offense is given a much shorter field, or may not even have to take the field at all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ravens had clear matchup problems. Denver's TE may be better than Gronk and Hernandez combined, what a beast. Can Shark cover this guy?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Ravens had clear matchup problems. Denver's TE may be better than Gronk and Hernandez combined, what a beast. Can Shark cover this guy?
    After one game it might be a stretch to say that, but the Ravens were indeed having problems with him. Hopefully Miller is ready for Week 7.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well...If we are going that route...The Steelers are in a 2 way tie for 1st in the AFC North. The Steelers & Bengals are tied for the best record. The Ravens are a game back. And the Browns are a 1/2 game back...For being the Browns.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I bet is the Steelers and Browns leading the division after week one.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

I bet is the Steelers and Browns leading the division after week one.
    Hope you are right. We need the Ravens and Bengals to stack some losses. Both of those teams look really good on paper.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

On the positive side, the Ravens were + 7:27 in time of possession
    I love it!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Maybe. If he is playing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Well...If we are going that route...The Steelers are in a 2 way tie for 1st in the AFC North. The Steelers & Bengals are tied for the best record. The Ravens are a game back. And the Browns are a 1/2 game back...For being the Browns.
    Browns 1/2 game back is a classic.