Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dummervil and Suggs vs Adams and Gilbert......

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers do not have a single tackle that can block Suggs or Dumervil one on one and win that battle consistently enough to give a sense of comfort in the pocket; I'm not sure how the Steelers handle that situation, but I am concerned for Ben's well being.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The Steelers do not have a single tackle that can block Suggs or Dumervil one on one and win that battle consistently enough to give a sense of comfort in the pocket; I'm not sure how the Steelers handle that situation, but I am concerned for Ben's well being.

Pappy
    They can do the same thing Manning did. Go no huddle and wear them out. Baltimore is a beast to deal with considering Ngata is twice the player of either of those guys and you probably can't afford to double either as a result.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Since the Steelers haven't done well in investing in better offensive line personnel I hope they have used that money for a hospital below Heniz.

The old Veterans Stadium in Philly had a jail. Heinz needs to invest in a hospital for Ben and the Gilbert wrecking crew.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lets just hope max starks is in good shape if the steelers should need him

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Lets just hope max starks is in good shape if the steelers should need him
    That just might be the whole issue with Starx, too slow to get out and zone block and weighs down the no-huddle attack. Its pretty well established that we have been stocking up on more athletic OLinemen
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

They can do the same thing Manning did. Go no huddle and wear them out.
    Altitude and being USED TO altitude is how Denver tires you out with the no huddle. Anyone remember the Alex English/ Dan Issel era Denver Nuggets? Literally would run you to death.

Baltimore is a beast to deal with considering Ngata is twice the player of either of those guys.....
    You can say that again

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe John Jackson's number is still in the Roledex?

Legend

User Info Menu

No huddle, draw plays, short crisp passes before they have a chance to get to Ben ... there are many paths to victory that don't depend on a 7-step drop/and a 60 yard bomb.

Guaranteed it is, sweet victory!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    They can do the same thing Manning did. Go no huddle and wear them out. Baltimore is a beast to deal with considering Ngata is twice the player of either of those guys and you probably can't afford to double either as a result.
    Peyton Manning doesn't play for the Steelers and thinking that Ben will begin playing like him is crazy talk. Too many young guys and pedestrian players at the skill positions to go no-huddle IMO.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount