Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Shawn, it's not even week 1. being healthy is one thing now, but what happens if a few key players go down. I don't think we have enough depth on the O-Line, Linebacker or Cornerback. Come December and we lose a few players I don't think this team can handle it
    So what you are saying is the bad press is because of Steeler depth? That isn't what I'm hearing. It's old D, and not enough playmakers on O.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I think the key is the offensive line. I go between excited at the potential of this high drafted young talent and worry that we might have missed on a pick or two specifically the tackles.

IF our two tackles prove worthy of their high draft pick I have no doubt you are absolutely correct.
    If our oline struggles it may not go so well for us.
    Ironically, if I recall correctly you are one of the people here who was most negative of Mike Adams for having watched him alot in college?
    I respect your observations and that kinda worries me as I am sure Gilbert is the worse of the two.

I hope they do come around, I feel very confident if we can see even "average" play from our tackles and are relatively healthy for the year.
    I have been very critical of Mike. And I think he will continue to struggle. I believe he will show what he has always shown...dominance one game, turnstyle play the next. He is the weakest link on the OL in pass blocking, and having him at LT is a problem no doubt. But, in the running game...he is a bulldozer.

He CAN be dominant when his head is in the game, and being friends with DD will help.

This is the way I look at it. Erase all my points...and just consider Ben. A healthy Ben is good for 9 wins alone. He can pass to just about anyone, behind any OL. He has proven that. So, if Ben is healthy...this team wins at least 9. I believe the rest of the talent can win us a few more.

As to the points about staying healthy...well that goes for any NFL team.

dang - no comment on the panthers... i thought it was cool how i truly arbitrarily named a team and then players who fit the roles i had described fell into place... that's what i get for stepping back and admiring my own work (and luck) - lol

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    dang - no comment on the panthers... i thought it was cool how i truly arbitrarily named a team and then players who fit the roles i had described fell into place... that's what i get for stepping back and admiring my own work (and luck) - lol
    I held up my hand to my screen, specifically your post, for a cyber high-5 if that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I held up my hand to my screen, specifically your post, for a cyber high-5 if that helps...
    aaah... you complete me!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    This is the way I look at it. Erase all my points...and just consider Ben. A healthy Ben is good for 9 wins alone. He can pass to just about anyone, behind any OL. He has proven that. So, if Ben is healthy...this team wins at least 9. I believe the rest of the talent can win us a few more.

As to the points about staying healthy...well that goes for any NFL team.
    I said it prior to the pre season, and I'll say it again. This O will go as far as Adams and Gilbert take them. Keep Ben clean, give him time to throw, make holes for the runners, and this offense will hum.

I'll tell you what you're missing Shawn, the current trend...and that's about it. That's why we play them there games fellas.

-Joos

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    This is key because Shawn's #1 feeds into #2. If the OL doesn't stay healthy there is a greater chance of either losing Ben to injury or blunting his effectiveness. Troy looks good now, but how will he be in a month? His style isn't exactly conducive to longevity. We are also in a pretty tough division (the key term being "tough").

I guess I completely understand why many would see the Steelers as a third place finisher in the AFCN. Of course, I want things to turn out rainbows and roses but I don't think I could legitimately predict that.

Let's feed off that 3rd place prediction, all season long. take it as disrespect and motivate.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL