Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why in Denver?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why in Denver?

I thought the new tradition was the defending champ gets to open the season at home. Is this another love fest for Peyton? Pretty disrespectful to the rats - but of course I love that.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I thought the new tradition was the defending champ gets to open the season at home. Is this another love fest for Peyton? Pretty disrespectful to the rats - but of course I love that.
    The Orioles refused to move their game in Baltimore and it's shared parking, or something like that where both teams can't play at the same time.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/21932600/orioles-decline-to-change-schedule-to-accommodate-ravens[/url]
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yea, that is the reason. Limited parking at Inner Harbo in Balt. You all see that short yardage TD by Rice? Leach led the way and kicked out that LB and Rice scores over the right side. That's football. that's what WE need to do in short yardage. Hoping our Johnson could do the same- but not so sure...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

I bet the real reason is no one would have gone to the Orioles game if Baltimore was playing at the same time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I bet the real reason is no one would have gone to the Orioles game if Baltimore was playing at the same time.
    Baltimore is in the Hunt this year but really??? don't you think they could have moved the game to 1pm today?? What an economic loss for the city of Baltimore. Morons!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

thanks. didn't know that was the case. but it's a crappy city (i lived there for awhile so i know) and it's not surprising they couldn't find a way to make it happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Baltimore is in the Hunt this year but really??? don't you think they could have moved the game to 1pm today?? What an economic loss for the city of Baltimore. Morons!!
    People call them Baltimorons for a reason.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ravens are getting their teeth kicked in.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

speaking of that. once again, peyton manning - the NFL's most immobile QB, finds himself behind a line that does a really good job of keeping him protected. As we now approach something like the 9th year in a row with questions about OUR O-line and it's ability to keep Ben upright, I get more and more frustrated.