Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Incorrect OV.
    December games:

3 sacks 2 to
    1 sack 0 to
    1 sack 1 to
    6 sacks 3 to
    4 sacks 4 to

SanDiego has a season high of points against us. You wanna blame the defense that right??
    Our offense literally GIVES SD a touchdown fumbling on the IN OUR END ZONE.
    Another TD from a drive created by an INT on our 17.
    14 points due to mistakes by the O. But defense is the problem right?
    You wanna blame the defense for not creating turnovers??

I'll give you turnovers!!!!
    Two weeks later our defense has SIX sacks and THREE turnovers while giving up 267 total yards and THIRTEEN POINTS and we STILL lose to Cincy.

Cincy NEVER SCORED AN OFFENSIVE TOUCHDOWN. And won
    Only touchdown was a pick 6.....taken from our offense.
    Two field goals off of Steeler turnovers
    EVERY SINGLE BENGAL POINT came thanks to our offenses turning over the ball.

Hey what happens when we turn them over?
    We intercept them TWICE force a fumble once and WE GET ZERO points from THREE turnovers.....ridiculous.

Yeah blame the defense for December
    You're always good with the stats. Glad to see these numbers back up what I generally remember seeing

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Tell me please, does Rod Woodson defend 23 passes and end up with ZERO picks?
    When you answer honestly consider why YOU KNOW FULL WELL he makes a ton of picks given THAT many opportunities.

Why does our strong safety position lead the team in picks when Troy is healthy and guys like Ryan Mundy not able to pick up the slack when Troy is hurt?
    Why can a ballhawk make interceptions NO MATTER WHAT TEAM HE IS ON if the "the scheme" is the reason for interceptions?

Finally, why does Cortez Allen have more ints IN ONE GAME than Lewis has had in his CAREER. The scheme is the same.

Interceptions are the product of players making plays, regardless of scheme.
    Are you saying Ike drops 7-8 easy INT's every year?

And I get you about Allen. But that was just last year over a few game span. I am still not sold on that guy. Let's see how he does in another FULL season!!

And give me players that MAKE plays any day over ANY coach or scheme! ALL OF THAT happened in 2005, 2008, and 2010 (finally!!). I just know something needs to change - player/scheme wise. This team is desperate for turnovers and has given up too many long drives at ends of games to lose it.

You have some good stats to back you up but I see on Sunday's the past 2 seasons it is incredibly easy to complete passes on this D. Let's watch on Sunday how many times you'll see BOTH CB's 10 yards off their respective WRs. Now, that's not a bad thing. Don't get beat!! I am not expecting many more pics - But let's see if they can make some plays, LeBeau cushion be damned.

And yes, I am WAY more worried about Ben's pass pro more than anything else. But what's new? Same ol same ol.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Are you saying Ike drops 7-8 easy INT's every year?
    No, Ike can go many games seeing few passes which is why Lewis had more opportunities. I AM saying he has a problem with drops, something IKE READILY ADMITS. If you dont believe me believe HIM.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/latest-news/2013/5/30/4379102/steelers-ike-taylor-injury-report-secondary[/URL]

I am saying he would have more interceptions if he could catch the ball consistently. I am saying scheme has NOTHING TO DO with his lack of ints. His ONLY problem with interceptions technique wise is when he is on his game QBs dont throw his way much. Woodson and Deon would "bait" QBs by DELIBERATELY playing off a receiver, confident they could close on the ball, something Ike does not do (I am glad as it is risky).
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-05-2013 at 01:21 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

And I get you about Allen. But that was just last year over a few game span. I am still not sold on that guy. Let's see how he does in another FULL season!!
    My point (in this thread at least) is not how about good Allen is. It is your contention that the scheme is stopping Ike and Lewis from making interceptions. If Allen is a bum in coverage but "can catch the ball" my point is even stronger. Washington and Scott got 10 interceptions between them........with bigger cushions then we ever see today.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bigger cushions back then? Nah.

And I agree with Taylor. The guy is a top 5 cover corner. And yes I know his hands issue straight from him.

Time to play the game on Sunday!! I wonder if Locker is licking his chops against this team LOL! ? I feel no team fears the Steelers at all i the passing game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Not me, but the author clearly reads this site and has plagarized most of my key arguments about our overrated defense. Think I have a case against the author
    Well played

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    I love the Steelers but a lot of Steelers fans just flat out beitch and moan too much.
    I have been asking for a crybaby emoticon for years.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bigger cushions back then? Nah.

And I agree with Taylor. The guy is a top 5 cover corner. And yes I know his hands issue straight from him.

Time to play the game on Sunday!! I wonder if Locker is licking his chops against this team LOL! ? I feel no team fears the Steelers at all i the passing game.
    God, Scott and Washington played almost 15 yards off the receiver. I hated watching those two. They never even FAKED that they were gonna press cover.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    So we as fans should expect an average of two turnovers by our offense PER game? We should blame the defense for not being able to stop 15 yard drives?
    When did I say that? When you look at our last 3 or so years we probably did average 2 per game.

I never blamed the D for not stopping opponents.. I said our D needs to do a better job creating TOs that give our O short fields.

Edit: its actually 1.58...
    Last edited by feltdizz; 09-05-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I feel no team fears the Steelers at all i the passing game.
    Last time Andre Johnson was defende by Ike he had 36 yards receiving (one other time he was held to 20 yards by Ike)
    Last time AJ Green was defende by Ike he had 1 catch for 8 yards (two out of his three games versus Ike he had 1 catch)
    Calvin Johnson AVERAGES 1 catch and 2 yards against the Steelers FOR HIS CAREER (He played only game versus the Steelers so this is a little misleading but SURE LOOKS IMPRESSIVE)

I think top receivers have PLENTY to fear when playing the Steelers. Ike is WITHOUT PEER in his ability to shut them down when he is on his game.

TCFCLTC-