Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This guy calls out the great LeBeau

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This guy calls out the great LeBeau

[url]http://www.stillers.com/Article/View/f374b6dc-7042-4410-a379-5056d437cc83[/url]
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

some guy in a basement.

seems credible.

Rookie

User Info Menu

He credits the defense with giving up the TD in the Tennessee game last year when they blocked the punt and recovered it on the 1 yard line..

So much for credibility...

Also, Timmons actually picked off a pass in that game...and the offense moved the ball 14 whole yards...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He is no Steeler fan
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    He is no Steeler fan
    Nobody who writes for that website is.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    He credits the defense with giving up the TD in the Tennessee game last year when they blocked the punt and recovered it on the 1 yard line..

So much for credibility...

Also, Timmons actually picked off a pass in that game...and the offense moved the ball 14 whole yards...
    You get the game ball for those comments.

Legend

User Info Menu

Instead of trashing the entire article because everyone's favorite "grandpa" is criticized, take note of the following truths in the article:

On a team where the vast majority of salary cap dollars, and talent, is applied to the DEFENSE, why do people thing that the offense should be top-tier? (but it is our Offensive Coordinators are routinely virtually lynched)

Supposedly the "mastermind " who has "diabolical schemes" and "clever disguises", LeBeau fools NO ONE; he tricks NO ONE; he confuses NO ONE; and he does NOTHING out of the ordinary, given the VAST TALENT at his disposal and the vast majority of the team's salary cap dollars. (Like I have said, we confuse ourseleves more than the other team and it keeps our young talent on the sidelines more than it needs to be. Even Carson Palmer said last year he knew what was coming)

As a team, the Steelers ranked 27th in the NFL in percentage of passes intercepted. For those who cannot interpret this, allow me to -- it sucks. Ass. Big time. Their 20 takeaways ranked 24th in the league, and their 37 sacks were middle of the pack. (The supposed master of confusion and mayhem can't create game changing plays)

With the knee jerk response to defending "Coach Dad" to always be expected, see that our defense being special is a myth and has been for the past few years. But why pay attention when we can blame the OC and the offense?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Instead of trashing the entire article because everyone's favorite "grandpa" is criticized, take note of the following truths in the article:

On a team where the vast majority of salary cap dollars, and talent, is applied to the DEFENSE, why do people thing that the offense should be top-tier? (but it is our Offensive Coordinators are routinely virtually lynched)

Supposedly the "mastermind " who has "diabolical schemes" and "clever disguises", LeBeau fools NO ONE; he tricks NO ONE; he confuses NO ONE; and he does NOTHING out of the ordinary, given the VAST TALENT at his disposal and the vast majority of the team's salary cap dollars. (Like I have said, we confuse ourseleves more than the other team and it keeps our young talent on the sidelines more than it needs to be. Even Carson Palmer said last year he knew what was coming)

Very well said....

Regarding Offense...Well since Ben is a franchise QB people expect him to block for himself...help WR get open...Ben can't make chicken salad out of poop. On top of that OC and Owner wants to run the ball more.

Just watch out for first game against Tenn...their secondary is horrible but Steelers Offense will be Run-Run and more Run...so that Defense is well rested. Then we all can blame Offense for the loss.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Rookie

User Info Menu

As a team, the Steelers ranked 27th in the NFL in percentage of passes intercepted. For those who cannot interpret this, allow me to -- it sucks. Ass. Big time. Their 20 takeaways ranked 24th in the league, and their 37 sacks were middle of the pack. (The supposed master of confusion and mayhem can't create game changing plays)

With the knee jerk response to defending "Coach Dad" to always be expected, see that our defense being special is a myth and has been for the past few years. But why pay attention when we can blame the OC and the offense?
    It wasn't a knee jerk response...

I read up until the point where I determined that the author of the piece wasn't actually reporting but instead had an axe to grind...for me, it was the Tennessee game...and then disregarded it...

I think we all, LeBeau included, recognize the Raiders game as a defensive low point...but, it is not indicative of the entire season...on the other hand, look at the Ravens game in Pittsburgh, where the defense did not give up a TD and the Steelers still lost...or the Cleveland game in Cleveland, where the defense scored a TD and the offense turned over the ball 8 times...

Finally, you are correct, LeBeau can't create game-changing plays...he can only create opportunities for them...

Keenan Lewis, the CB that this board mourns the loss of, had 23 passes defended and 1 INT...he was in position to make game-changing plays but did not do so...LeBeau's scheme created the opportunities by putting the player in position, but the player did not capitalize...but, blame LeBeau...

Legend

User Info Menu

Ovi, fess up, you actually wrote the article, correct?