Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
I don't understand much about the decisions over the past few months.

Ta'amu gets into his mess, the Steelers help him, keep him on the team and he plays good in the pre-season, then they cut him
Dwyer comes into camp overweight the previous 2 years, he gets to camp in good shape, runs the ball well in pre-season, then they cut him
Guy Whimper is rated the worst tackle in the league last year, the Steelers sign him and then treat him like he's irreplaceble
Butler and Moorman battle for punting duties all camp, Butler wins, Mesko gets brought in after cuts, he's not tremendously better than Butler, Butler is released
Jarvis Jones is arounnd the ball all pre-season and making splash plays, you can barely tell worilds is on the field and he gets the start
Jones comes in without knowing the offense and blitz package pickups, runs hard, picks a few blitzes and looks good catching the ball, I can barely recall Redmon being on the field in the pre-season and he gets the start
Shamarko Thomas is lighting up receivers, making plays, Gay is getting burned multiple times for TDs, I'd give Thomas a chance at nickel.
Hawthorne looked like a great athlete, he's injured I get it, but why not try and stash him on the PS?

Just sketchy to me, it almost seems that the Steelers are meandering with no real direction.

Pappy
One of the best posts I have read in a long time. Pretty much hits the nail on the head.