Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Isaac Redman prepping as starter

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Yeah, especially where this isn't a case of somebody forcing himself on the field. Some of the tandems the Steelers have had over the years have worked well - I'm thinking of Eric Pegram, when he was the complimentary back.

Right now, with Redman/Jones/LSH, it is more an attempt to cobble together one back, as opposed to having two strong players with complimentary skill sets.
    But look at the positive side, a guy with the total package goes down, the run game goes with him. This way the Steelers at least have a few options if an injury strikes (and odds are high that it will).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I have Felix and Redman on my fantasy league, I need to know who will start.
    I think it's fair to say it doesn't matter who will start. Both will get PT. Jones has the bigger ability to break a big one. IMO, he is the clear FF starter. Hope that helps.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think it's fair to say it doesn't matter who will start. Both will get PT. Jones has the bigger ability to break a big one. IMO, he is the clear FF starter. Hope that helps.
    But Redman is more likely to get carries in the redzone. Guys that get lots of yards and no TDs are FF killers. Guys that get a lot of TDs can make up for a lack of yardage, but I don't see Redman scoring 15+ TDs either. So I'd stay away from both of them in FF.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers confirm Redman will start at running back

SEPTEMBER 3, 2013 BY PAUL JACKIEWICZ

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin confirmed today that running back Isaac Redman will start in this week’s opener against the Titans.

#Steelers Tomlin: Redman will start. "We know what Isaac is capable of"

— Ed Bouchette (@EdBouchette) September 3, 2013

Even with Redman starting, Felix Jones and LaRod Stephens-Howling will get a share of the load.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/steelers_confirm_redman_will_start_at_running_back/14445671[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    But Redman is more likely to get carries in the redzone. Guys that get lots of yards and no TDs are FF killers. Guys that get a lot of TDs can make up for a lack of yardage, but I don't see Redman scoring 15+ TDs either. So I'd stay away from both of them in FF.
    Not sure if I believe Redman clearly gets goal situation balls. Your "goaline" back got 2 TDs last season. I say role with the better running back and that is Jones.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steelers confirm Redman will start at running back

SEPTEMBER 3, 2013 BY PAUL JACKIEWICZ

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin confirmed today that running back Isaac Redman will start in this week’s opener against the Titans.

#Steelers Tomlin: Redman will start. "We know what Isaac is capable of"

— Ed Bouchette (@EdBouchette) September 3, 2013

Even with Redman starting, Felix Jones and LaRod Stephens-Howling will get a share of the load.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/steelers_confirm_redman_will_start_at_running_back/14445671[/URL]
    "We know what Isaac is capable of"
    Would that be out injured before the end of the game?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

"We know what Isaac is capable of"
    Yes, we do. I'm not so certain that is a good thing. Redman was at his best as a short yardage back, not a starting back.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not sure if I believe Redman clearly gets goal situation balls. Your "goaline" back got 2 TDs last season. I say role with the better running back and that is Jones.
    That is surprising. I still would lean Redman's way for the above reason. I also hope that Redman's freshness (having not played this preseason much) will show itself Week 1.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Whether he should get goal situation carries or not is a matter of opinion...the fact is that he carried the ball only 17 times in the red zone last year...

Dwyer had 24 carries and scored only 2 TDs as well...

Jones is better based upon what? Preseason? Last year?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Whether he should get goal situation carries or not is a matter of opinion...the fact is that he carried the ball only 17 times in the red zone last year...

Dwyer had 24 carries and scored only 2 TDs as well...

Jones is better based upon what? Preseason? Last year?
    I would base my opinion on career performance. Jones is a high 4 ypc back...career. When healthy he is productive. Not only that but he is a threat in the passing game. He also looked good behind this Steeler OL in the preseason. Redman has 5 career TDs. Only 5 rushing TDs...that is low by anyones standards for a "power back". Between Howling, Jones and Redman I would take Howling or Jones over Redman based on their upside and ability to break big plays.