Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Isaac Redman prepping as starter

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Whether he should get goal situation carries or not is a matter of opinion...the fact is that he carried the ball only 17 times in the red zone last year...

Dwyer had 24 carries and scored only 2 TDs as well...

Jones is better based upon what? Preseason? Last year?
    Yeah... I don't think that has anything to do with our RB's... I think the RZ problems are OL and philosophy. We run some of the worst plays ever in the RZ. Fades to our smallest WR, bubble screens... delayed hand offs.

How about running off tackle a few times? ...and yes, while I hope Jones explodes there is a reason why he was available. Dude isn't what we thoguht he would be and once again it's the hype of a guy that fuels our running game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I would base my opinion on career performance. Jones is a high 4 ypc back...career. When healthy he is productive. Not only that but he is a threat in the passing game. He also looked good behind this Steeler OL in the preseason. Redman has 5 career TDs. Only 5 rushing TDs...that is low by anyones standards for a "power back". Between Howling, Jones and Redman I would take Howling or Jones over Redman based on their upside and ability to break big plays.
    I hate upside... I like results. I haven't seen enough from any of these guys in real games to warrant these accolades. Howling impressed but he keeps getting dinged up. Jones hasn't done a damn thing... he looked good in the last game against Carolina and they weren't playing everyone.

Not impressed with preseason numbers vs back ups. I've fell for that before.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I hate upside... I like results. I haven't seen enough from any of these guys in real games to warrant these accolades. Howling impressed but he keeps getting dinged up. Jones hasn't done a damn thing... he looked good in the last game against Carolina and they weren't playing everyone.

Not impressed with preseason numbers vs back ups. I've fell for that before.
    I hear ya. My only concerns comes on the heels of reading MT's comments. Sounds like Redman will get the bulk of the carries. If that is the case, then he is the guy you start.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure if I believe Redman clearly gets goal situation balls. Your "goaline" back got 2 TDs last season. I say role with the better running back and that is Jones.
    I wouldn't touch a Steelers RB on my FF team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I have Howling on my bench as a #3... not sure why but I think he has the ability to get in the end zone a few times. probably won't use or keep him but I'm curious to see if he shows enough to warrant a start during a bye week.

Legend

User Info Menu

I drafted Le'Veon Bell (surprise surprise). I think he could turn out to be a huge value guy by season end.

Legend

User Info Menu

I drafted Le'Veon Bell (surprise surprise). I think he could turn out to be a huge value guy by season end.
    LOL, I woulda done the same. He's the only guy that has the potential to be an every down back with no risk of losing goal line carries. Just as a general rule of thumb, I stay away from Steelers and Patriots on my FF team because they have QBs that seem to like to throw to 10 different guys every game and you never really know what they're gonna do with their RBs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ...and yes, while I hope Jones explodes there is a reason why he was available.
    I feel the same way. Injury-prone is part of it, but you also gotta think that this guy isn't the player he once was, if a team is willing to get rid of him for Adrian Robinson.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought about it but even though my FF league is mostly Steeler fans no one is touching that guy for 4 weeks. I'll pick him up in a few weeks if Howling doesn't do anything.

Legend

User Info Menu

LOL, I woulda done the same. He's the only guy that has the potential to be an every down back with no risk of losing goal line carries. Just as a general rule of thumb, I stay away from Steelers and Patriots on my FF team because they have QBs that seem to like to throw to 10 different guys every game and you never really know what they're gonna do with their RBs.
    nah..Pat's usually have 5 TD's a game and 2 of them are from a RB. While they appear to pass all day they actually run the ball pretty well due to the passing hype they get.