Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Aquire CB Antwon Blake

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    are you a doctor?
    No but I have common sense. You don't draft a player in the 5th if requires surgery shortly thereafter that prevents him from making the team due to lack of practice & playing time especially if you are unwilling to at least add him to the PS.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't really give a rats ass.

you aren't making any sense anyways. You have an axe to grind with tomlin and you are trying to use hawthorne as the wheel.

why do the steelers owe terry hawthorne anything? Last chance.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Lol... Last chance for what?

I didn't say they own Hawthorne anything. I said the Steelers owe it to themselves to not willingly waste picks. Did you not read or comprehend my posts (since they don't "speak"). Let's face it, they can't afford wasting them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you said they sabatoged him, by drafting him.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

your obvious anti tomlin bias strains your credibility. Its easy to see from your posts here.

no big deal, just own it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Yes... I'm anti poor coaching and personnel decisions regardless of whether it was Cowher or Tomlin and Colbert or Donahoe. You are right. It's called analysis. Some people need to watch other teams except their beloved Steelers:

Take these off:

il_170x135.453533604_f6po.jpg

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

yep.

if only you owned the team instead of a website.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Coaching... fire that bum and play a couple of 1st & 2nd teamers. Problem solved.
    Been there, done that...

Didn't work.

I'm happy that they aren't standing pat...

As for Hawthorne? Fourth through seventh are good rounds to gamble on players...unfortunately, the Hawthorne gamble didn't work out...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    yep.

if only you owned the team instead of a website.
    Yes, that would be nice.... If I did, I would put Tomlin on notice this year but I think the Rooney's already did that.

As far as the website goes.... I don't know if that is a compliment or not but your a member of it. Oh, the irony.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    The Steelers drafted Hawthorne in the 5th round! He has good size and speed and definitely had potential but they don't even give him a chance? Why? Lake said he reminded him of a young Ike... Really? Alvester Alexander over Hawthorne? Really? Nice personnel decision....lol

The Steelers told Hawthorne to get his knee cleaned up knowing damn well he would miss a bunch of practice time. They knew doing that would cost him the ability to practice and prove himself...

They willing sabotaged the kid knowing he wouldn't have a chance to practice and play if he had that surgery. And if they knew that (they obviously did), then why the hell even draft him? A complete waste and another coaching blunder.
    What if the kid was dumb as a box of rocks? What if he had an attitude problem? What if he was lazy? There could be a million reasons why he was released besides his playing ability.

... and to think they willing sabotaged the kid says it's time for the tinfoil hats.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Allen started 3 games and created 5 turnovers during those three games.
    Starters Lewis (1 FF) and Ike (1 int) created 2 turnovers COMBINED.

Cortez Allen is the first corner of the Tomlin era to create 5 turnovers in a season- He did it in THREE GAMES.

Cortez Allen created 3 turnovers in one game. During the combined 14 year career of Ike and Keenan only once did Ike surpass 3 turnovers during a 16 game season. Ike had a career high of 4 tunovers in a season, Allen had 3 in ONE GAME.

Without Ike and with Allen we gave up 34 then 13 and 10. Two out of three teams shut down offensively with Allen a dominant factor making all 5 of his turnovers in those two games.
    The one game we gave up a 34 TDs were thrown on Brown and Lewis but not Allen.
    Allen gave up three completions for 26 yards and no touchdowns in his worst career start.

Bottom line facts:

1. Cortez Allen in 3 games as a starter gave up ZERO touchdowns
    2. Cortez Allen in 3 games as a starter created FIVE turnovers (something no corner on this team has done in a SEASON)
    3. Cortez Allen in 3 games as a starter NEVER gave up a single 20 yard pass (Dalton in particular tried several times and failed going deep on him)

Can one anoint him as better than Ike? Perhaps not. Ike has done it for years. but the operative expression in the original post was "it looks like".
    I can say considering the turnovers Allen created, Ike has never had a better three game stretch in his decade long career.

While I respect you Shawn we, have been watching the same player but you must have not paid attention to call it "hype that hasn't translated into game production".

Sure the sample size is small but you will not see a better three game stretch by a Steeler corner than Allen had since Rod Woodson.
    Allen literally could not be more impressive during so short a time as a starter.
    All I am saying is lets give him a full season of holding down a starter spot before giving him the "best DB on the Steelers roster crown". I loved Allen last season, but have been less impressed with him this preseason. I want to see some consistency before anointing him.