Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: question on Dwyer

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That is what confuses me and now we are rumored to be starting a guy who couldn't manage more than two carries all preseason and couldnt stay healthy last year. Just makes zero sense plus we are waitng for a rookie to be the saviour who also happened to be unable to stay healthy in the preseason.

Not exactly a recipe for success.
    Unless you consider that Dwyer was also unable to stay healthy and had a golden opportunity to become the starter two years running...he showed up out of shape and didn't perform all that well...

Legend

User Info Menu

That is what confuses me and now we are rumored to be starting a guy who couldn't manage more than two carries all preseason and couldnt stay healthy last year. Just makes zero sense plus we are waitng for a rookie to be the saviour who also happened to be unable to stay healthy in the preseason.

Sometimes it smells like our FO uses the Lebeau scheme when it comes to roster cuts... just complex and confusing for no reason at all. Guys runs all over a D... we don't like his work ethic. New guy off the street with a history of injuries... start him.

Backup

User Info Menu

Dwyer this year looked like Mendy in prior years - a big guy trying to run like a little guy. At least if Felix Jones bounces it outside, he has the speed to be a legitimate threat to do real damage.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Agreed... The fact that Le'veon Bell is our "savior" should make everyone take a step back and think about the overall quality of our offense.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Agreed... The fact that Le'veon Bell is our "savior" should make everyone take a step back and think about the overall quality of our offense.
    Who labeled bell our savior? Additionally why is it so wrong for a fan base to get excited about a hb that got rave reviews all of training camp? The guy gets hurt and he's talentless before he ever hits the field. Its unnerving and ridiculous.
    Last edited by Snatch98; 09-04-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Sometimes it smells like our FO uses the Lebeau scheme when it comes to roster cuts... just complex and confusing for no reason at all. Guys runs all over a D... we don't like his work ethic. New guy off the street with a history of injuries... start him.
    except that Dwyer has a history of fumbling and offers nothing other than running the ball. He routinely misses blocks. He can't play special teams. There's more to football then stats and there's more responsibilities for a rb then running the ball. Jones won't play a lot which should keep him healthy AND he can play special teams.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Who labeled bell our savior? Additionally why is it so wrong for a fan base to.get excited about a hb that got rave reviews all of training camp. The guy gets hurt and he's talentless.before he ever hits the field. Its unnerving and ridiculous.
    The Steelers fan base, blogs, pittsburgh media, etc. Listen, I hope the guy does well. It's well known that I didn't like the 2nd round pick but if he turns out to be a good player, I'll be estatic. The guy has been hurt twice already and has carried the ball a total of 4 times in preseason. At this rate, I don't expect him to have much of an impact this year..... but hey, he looks good in practive.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    The Steelers fan base, blogs, pittsburgh media, etc. Listen, I hope the guy does well. It's well known that I didn't like the 2nd round pick but if he turns out to be a good player, I'll be estatic. The guy has been hurt twice already and has carried the ball a total of 4 times in preseason. At this rate, I don't expect him to have much of an impact this year..... but hey, he looks good in practive.
    Sh*t happens. I certainly don't think the "injury prone" label being thrown around is accurate. The knee thing was pretty much a non issue and then he came out and somehow injured his foot. I would label them both as anomalies at this point unless he comes out in the regular season and gets dinged up again. Either way several coaches were on the record saying they've never coached a RB quite like him, that he was picking up everything very fast and had the ability to stay on the field for 3rd downs. I guess we will find out but I'm not worried about the guy at all once he's back and ready to go. I also don't think it's fair to dump all over the guy at this stage of the season nor do I agree on people labeling him as a "savior". People were and are certainly excited about the guy but everyone knows the offense rides on the shoulders and the arm of Ben. If he stays healthy we win a bunch of games.

Legend

User Info Menu

A couple of different perspectives depending on the newspaper:

Mark Kaboly (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review) - it wasn’t the coaches who wanted Dwyer gone. It looks like it was more of the front offices call to cut Dwyer.

Gerry Dulac (PG) - tired of his lack of dedication to his craft.

Ed Bouchette (PG) - was waived Saturday in part because his coaches did not feel he took his job seriously enough.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Sh*t happens. I certainly don't think the "injury prone" label being thrown around is accurate. The knee thing was pretty much a non issue and then he came out and somehow injured his foot. I would label them both as anomalies at this point unless he comes out in the regular season and gets dinged up again. Either way several coaches were on the record saying they've never coached a RB quite like him, that he was picking up everything very fast and had the ability to stay on the field for 3rd downs. I guess we will find out but I'm not worried about the guy at all once he's back and ready to go. I also don't think it's fair to dump all over the guy at this stage of the season nor do I agree on people labeling him as a "savior". People were and are certainly excited about the guy but everyone knows the offense rides on the shoulders and the arm of Ben. If he stays healthy we win a bunch of games.
    I think everyone was excited to see him play. He was the main reason I was amped to watch the first game and then news came out he wasn't playing... then to play and get injured after 4 plays...smh.

Not sure if anyone noticed but I'm pretty sure Brown or Sanders stepped on his foot by accident after his second or third run. It was a freak accident but after hearing all the praise and all the hype and sending Mendenhall packing you can't really blame fans for being disappointed.