Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: question on Dwyer

Legend

User Info Menu

30 pounds might be light. Multiple sources had him at 265 back in the spring. Huge!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought Dwyer looked pretty good. Except for the fumblitis. But that is usually correctable.

But also give credit to the OL for making some holes this preseason on occasion that any RB could take advantage of.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    But also give credit to the OL for making some holes this preseason on occasion that any RB could take advantage of.
    If they could only pass block, they might be decent.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    I thought Dwyer looked pretty good. Except for the fumblitis. But that is usually correctable.

I thought most of Dwyer's good runs that I saw looked like any back could have picked up big gains. Huge holes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    If they could only pass block, they might be decent.
    Yups........!!.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    I thought most of Dwyer's good runs that I saw looked like any back could have picked up big gains. Huge holes.
    Ditto that....

Starter

User Info Menu

Dwyer just was not the best fit for the ZBS. Edmund Nelson pointed out several times during the preseason broadcasts that Dwyer was hesitant in making decisions. This system calls for instant on the move reads and unfortunately this was not Dwyers strong suit. He is very good but just not quite good enough.

Even without knowing really anything about the #1 pick, TS running game will be improved this season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    True... but its still a headscratcher because we rarely see those holes for anyone else. My issue with Dwyer was once he hut the second level he made the wrong cut EVERY time and fell over if you touched him. He should of punished those DBs... dude is soft and lazy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    True... but its still a headscratcher because we rarely see those holes for anyone else. My issue with Dwyer was once he hut the second level he made the wrong cut EVERY time and fell over if you touched him. He should of punished those DBs... dude is soft and lazy.
    Although in his defense, it was the preseason and he was the only guy that managed to stay healthy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Although in his defense, it was the preseason and he was the only guy that managed to stay healthy.

That is what confuses me and now we are rumored to be starting a guy who couldn't manage more than two carries all preseason and couldnt stay healthy last year. Just makes zero sense plus we are waitng for a rookie to be the saviour who also happened to be unable to stay healthy in the preseason.

Not exactly a recipe for success.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"