Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: question on Dwyer

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,317
    30 pounds might be light. Multiple sources had him at 265 back in the spring. Huge!!

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,044
    I thought Dwyer looked pretty good. Except for the fumblitis. But that is usually correctable.

    But also give credit to the OL for making some holes this preseason on occasion that any RB could take advantage of.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    But also give credit to the OL for making some holes this preseason on occasion that any RB could take advantage of.
    If they could only pass block, they might be decent.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    I thought Dwyer looked pretty good. Except for the fumblitis. But that is usually correctable.

    But also give credit to the OL for making some holes this preseason on occasion that any RB could take advantage of.
    I thought most of Dwyer's good runs that I saw looked like any back could have picked up big gains. Huge holes.

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,044
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    If they could only pass block, they might be decent.
    Yups........!!.

  6. #16
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,044
    Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    I thought most of Dwyer's good runs that I saw looked like any back could have picked up big gains. Huge holes.
    Ditto that....

  7. #17
    Dwyer just was not the best fit for the ZBS. Edmund Nelson pointed out several times during the preseason broadcasts that Dwyer was hesitant in making decisions. This system calls for instant on the move reads and unfortunately this was not Dwyers strong suit. He is very good but just not quite good enough.

    Even without knowing really anything about the #1 pick, TS running game will be improved this season.

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,655
    Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    I thought most of Dwyer's good runs that I saw looked like any back could have picked up big gains. Huge holes.
    True... but its still a headscratcher because we rarely see those holes for anyone else. My issue with Dwyer was once he hut the second level he made the wrong cut EVERY time and fell over if you touched him. He should of punished those DBs... dude is soft and lazy.

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,453
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    True... but its still a headscratcher because we rarely see those holes for anyone else. My issue with Dwyer was once he hut the second level he made the wrong cut EVERY time and fell over if you touched him. He should of punished those DBs... dude is soft and lazy.
    Although in his defense, it was the preseason and he was the only guy that managed to stay healthy.

  10. #20
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,843
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Although in his defense, it was the preseason and he was the only guy that managed to stay healthy.

    That is what confuses me and now we are rumored to be starting a guy who couldn't manage more than two carries all preseason and couldnt stay healthy last year. Just makes zero sense plus we are waitng for a rookie to be the saviour who also happened to be unable to stay healthy in the preseason.

    Not exactly a recipe for success.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •