Thread: The Purge is Nearly Complete

Legend

User Info Menu

The Purge is Nearly Complete

The Steelers 2008 draft will go down with such catastrophic events as the Hindenberg and Titanic.

The only players remaining on a roster are Mendenhall and Mundy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lets hope 2013 draft balances that out.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The Steelers 2008 draft will go down with such catastrophic events as the Hindenberg and Titanic.

The only players remaining on a roster are Mendenhall and Mundy.
    .....and with hindsight being 20/20 the Steelers could have grabbed Chris Johnson or Ray Rice instead of the underachieving Mendenhall.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The 08 draft was a major miss. However this year we look like we added a few studs(perhaps 4) and added a few roll players in L Jones and V Williams. There are a few guys on the P/S with upside and the new faces of Moye and Green add the size speed duo we lacked. It was unfortunate that Embernate got injured as I believed he would have at least made the P/S. Toss in a solid trade getting us Jones and I would say this off season was one of our better ones. Potenial could be outstanding.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    The 08 draft was a major miss. However this year we look like we added a few studs(perhaps 4) and added a few roll players in L Jones and V Williams. There are a few guys on the P/S with upside and the new faces of Moye and Green add the size speed duo we lacked. It was unfortunate that Embernate got injured as I believed he would have at least made the P/S. Toss in a solid trade getting us Jones and I would say this off season was one of our better ones. Potenial could be outstanding.
    I like your optimism. However, we felt similar sentiments following the 08 draft, so you'll excuse me if my enthusiasm is tempered a bit...

Seems as though, for the past six or seven years, we want to be optimistic following that year's draft--but within about three years, there's not much of that class left to be optimistic about.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I like your optimism. However, we felt similar sentiments following the 08 draft, so you'll excuse me if my enthusiasm is tempered a bit...

Seems as though, for the past six or seven years, we want to be optimistic following that year's draft--but within about three years, there's not much of that class left to be optimistic about.
    Can't blame you for seeing it that way. In fact you're likely in the majority. Just think this group could be special.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Can't blame you for seeing it that way. In fact you're likely in the majority. Just think this group could be special.
    I agree with you. Don't listen to Bradshaw, he is having a bad hair day

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I agree with you. Don't listen to Bradshaw, he is having a bad hair day
    All of my hair days are bad.