Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: OL we should be looking at

  1. #1

    OL we should be looking at

    OT-Zebrie Sanders- prototypical size and pretty goo player at FSU
    OT-Reid Fragel- Raw prospect from OSU Might like his chances on our PS
    OL-Ben Ijalana-Another raw kid who was miscast at OT- Kid should kick inside
    OT-Lee Ziemba- 4year starter at Auburn at OT but probably best suits to guard
    OT-J'Marcus Webb-not ideal but better than Whimper
    2015 Draft

    1) P.J. Williams-CB-Florida St.
    2) Eric Striker-OLB-Oklahoma
    3) Jeff Heuerman-TE-Ohio St
    4) Taylor Kelly-QB-Arizona St.
    5) Jonathan Mincy-CB-Auburn
    6) Julian Wilson-CB-Oklahoma
    7) Spencer Roth-P-Baylor













  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    OT-Zebrie Sanders- prototypical size and pretty goo player at FSU
    OT-Reid Fragel- Raw prospect from OSU Might like his chances on our PS
    OL-Ben Ijalana-Another raw kid who was miscast at OT- Kid should kick inside
    OT-Lee Ziemba- 4year starter at Auburn at OT but probably best suits to guard
    OT-J'Marcus Webb-not ideal but better than Whimper
    What about Danny Watkins from Philly?

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,082
    Now way around it, we need to continue the search for OTs. Curious why your 2014 draft doesn't address that sooner SKL...is there someone we will be signing to the PS that you feel will make some significant strides in the near future? BTW, did anyone hear Legs suffered a scary injury in Buffalo? Initially it was thought to be a season ender but recent reports say he might not even need surgery. Crossing my fingers for him...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Now way around it, we need to continue the search for OTs. Curious why your 2014 draft doesn't address that sooner SKL...is there someone we will be signing to the PS that you feel will make some significant strides in the near future? BTW, did anyone hear Legs suffered a scary injury in Buffalo? Initially it was thought to be a season ender but recent reports say he might not even need surgery. Crossing my fingers for him...
    Right now the guys I listed would merely be an upgrade to our backups right now. I think our line will be fine if we insert Beachum for Gilbert. Having said that I will give it a few weeks before rethinking the 2014 strategy.
    2015 Draft

    1) P.J. Williams-CB-Florida St.
    2) Eric Striker-OLB-Oklahoma
    3) Jeff Heuerman-TE-Ohio St
    4) Taylor Kelly-QB-Arizona St.
    5) Jonathan Mincy-CB-Auburn
    6) Julian Wilson-CB-Oklahoma
    7) Spencer Roth-P-Baylor













  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    What about Danny Watkins from Philly?
    What was wrong with that guy? How do you go from 1st round pick just two years ago, to cut?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    What was wrong with that guy? How do you go from 1st round pick just two years ago, to cut?
    Watkins was like 25 years old at Baylor, going up against much younger guys. Not sure he can match up vs NFL caliber players.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Watkins was like 25 years old at Baylor, going up against much younger guys. Not sure he can match up vs NFL caliber players.
    I think he is 29 now. I thought his problem the first year was he did not fit in with the scheme their new OLine coach was running. Then I heard he was thinking he'd rather go back to being a firefighter than play for that coach. This year under Chip Kelly I'd heard he was enjoying football again and doing better. I was surprised to read he didnt make the cut. I thought that since he also was a standout at tackle in college that he'd be an upgrade as a backup to what we have now. Even if only for one year since he is 29 already. I live in SE PA and am surrounded by Iggles fans so get to read and hear a lot of Iggles stuff.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,559
    I wonder if Danny Watkins just doesn't fit into Chip Kelly's offense??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  9. #9
    he can't be worse than whimper can he?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I wonder if Danny Watkins just doesn't fit into Chip Kelly's offense??
    I just read on the Iggles website that one of the reasons he was cut was that Kelly likes positional flexibility and Watkins only plays guard. Tomlin sounds like Kelly in that regard so I dont think the Steelers would be interested.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •