Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dwyer to the Browns?

Hall of Famer

Dwyer to the Browns?

The guys over at BTSC think so:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...dwyer-steelers

Oh, the irony in that one....

BTW, Trent Richardson is an absolute stud that keeps getting knicked up. So the idea of a one workhorse offense just doesn't work in the NFL any more. Gotta have two, and preferably three, good RBs to keep the season going.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The guys over at BTSC think so:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...dwyer-steelers

Oh, the irony in that one....

BTW, Trent Richardson is an absolute stud that keeps getting knicked up. So the idea of a one workhorse offense just doesn't work in the NFL any more. Gotta have two, and preferably three, good RBs to keep the season going.
    There are still a few...

Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, MJD, Frank Gore, Marshawn Lynch, Doug Martin, Matt Forte, Ray Rice. Obviously they're not the only RBs on the team, but they generally get the bulk of the work.

Hall of Famer
    Now sedatedbrownsfan can go watch him gain 1,300 yards over there.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer
    Dwyer will fill a backup role quite nice... The guy is Frank Gore, minus the toughness and work ethic. That is his problem. Long term, he will wear on the coaching staff, constantly getting out of shape and always looking for the short cut.

Wyder sign with the Browns? When he plays us, will he have a chip on his shouler or just chips in his stomach?

Seriously though, I thought his moments of strong play showed positive potential, and am a bit surprised we let him go. I do think we are well situated at RB.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Legend
    I think we will regret letting Dwyer go and keeping Redman. Love Redman's intangibles all you want the guy will miss games due to injury very early in the season.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Dwyer will fill a backup role quite nice... The guy is Frank Gore, minus the toughness and work ethic. That is his problem. Long term, he will wear on the coaching staff, constantly getting out of shape and always looking for the short cut.
    Haha...saying Dwyer is Frank Gore without the toughness and work ethic is like saying that I'm Aaron Rodgers without the arm strength and accuracy.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think we will regret letting Dwyer go and keeping Redman. Love Redman's intangibles all you want the guy will miss games due to injury very early in the season.
    You were all for keeping Brown over Wallace based on attitude (team player with strong work ethic vs. questionable habits and poor motivation). Isn't the Redman vs Dwyer debate similar? Perhaps Wallace and Dwyer are more talented, but we are in the process of purging problem players in favor of players with stronger intangibles like Redman and Brown.

Dwyer looked good early on vs the Panthers. Then he fumbled. Again. That was the last straw.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Dwyer looked good early on vs the Panthers. Then he fumbled. Again. That was the last straw.
    bingo.

with our propensity to kick field goals, this team can't afford a RB who puts it on the ground.