Thread: Guy Whimper

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Guy Whimper

I have to admit, I have spoken out against this player without knowing a whole lot about him. His name begs ridicule for an NFL offensive lineman. But the reality is that the Steelers retained him on the 53 man roster so he has to have some redeeming qualities. In all fairness, Id like to give him a fair shake...drum up the sum total of information available on the man, good and bad. Maybe he can actually help the team?This is what I know...he is an 8 year veteran drafted by the Giants and he was one of the lowest rated OL in the league last year for the Jaguars although he did catch a TD pass. Does anyone know anything more about him?
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope they find a waiver wire option for him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He made the team by virtue of the fact that there wasn't another veteran on the team to beat him out. I'd bring back Jonathan Scott over this guy.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We may be stuck with him this season. I just dug up he was on the Giants under our current OL coach Jack Bicknell.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

In 2011 Whimper had a nine game streak of giving up at least one sack per week. When the Jags realized Gabbert was a real QB; they couldn't cut this guy fast enough. He was known not to be able to even block a guy for 3 seconds. Based on recent injury history, Whimper will play this year. Sigh...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I liked Long better. Hard to believe he made the 53. Lets hope the starting 5 stay healthy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!