Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Max Starks

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.

J'Marcus Webb released by the Bears too. Started all 16 the past two years. Don't know much more than that, just saw it on the nfl network scroll.
    The Bears were even worse in pass pro than the Steelers the last 2 years

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    The Bears were even worse in pass pro than the Steelers the last 2 years
    I was just reading the exact same thing on roto and PFF

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm saying correct the mistake made in the offseason. Bring Max back... the Steelers' success in bringing young players along has always been based on the fact that they don't just hand a guy a spot - they make him beat out a reasonable NFL quality vet to take the job. There hasn't been a whole lot of earning on the parts of Adams and Gilbert. Having a capable guy there who knows the system breathing down their necks will get the best out of both of them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    I'm saying correct the mistake made in the offseason. Bring Max back... the Steelers' success in bringing young players along has always been based on the fact that they don't just hand a guy a spot - they make him beat out a reasonable NFL quality vet to take the job. There hasn't been a whole lot of earning on the parts of Adams and Gilbert. Having a capable guy there who knows the system breathing down their necks will get the best out of both of them.
    They are running a new blocking system in Pittsburgh than what they were when Max was last on the team. There was no mistake made, IMO. Max doesn't belong anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

Max got Rivers killed vs Chicago this preseason. Not surprised he was cut.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    They are running a new blocking system in Pittsburgh than what they were when Max was last on the team. There was no mistake made, IMO. Max doesn't belong anymore.
    Its not new from what they or any other team runs in the league. Again, zone blocking is easy to learn and do. The Steelers are using a combination of zone and man. Man inside and some zone outside. Really not much different than before and Max can do it. He did it before in the Burgh. I say bring him back for depth.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Its not new from what they or any other team runs in the league. Again, zone blocking is easy to learn and do. The Steelers are using a combination of zone and man. Man inside and some zone outside. Really not much different than before and Max can do it.
    It's not like the tackles we've got are doing such an outstanding job at it...

Legend

User Info Menu

Starks will be in a Steeler uniform at some point during the season. Guaranteed.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Max got Rivers killed vs Chicago this preseason. Not surprised he was cut.
    That's because Max is used to a QB that can move & buy time...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Starter

User Info Menu

Starks who was the best tackle on our team for some time is not good enough to even make the Chargers, who also have an awful line. If that doesnt say something about how bad our line is I dont know what does.