Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Max Starks

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't know whether we should pick Starks up but I do know that if Whimper sees the field this season Ben is dead meat ... and if Ben is dead meat so are the Steelers.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't care what blocking system the team runs, M Starks is a better back up than that piece of sh*t Whimper. What a damn joke that he made this team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I don't care what blocking system the team runs, M Starks is a better back up than that piece of sh*t Whimper. What a damn joke that he made this team.

TBH, it is pretty embarassing the Steelers would even sign a cast-off like Whimper. The entire NFL must know now how pathetic and desperate the Steelers are for OL help.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    for veteran minimum and as a back up/swing tackle, it would be stupid not to bring him back.. good insurance policy.. we dont' have much proven talent behind the starters..
    I agree, but would add that there's not much "Talent" in the starting unit either. Adams might be ok in time. Gilbert will suprise me if he does anything productive.

I hear alot of guys talking about bringing young guys in who could be "Molded" into eventual quality starters on the OL. The way I see it, Ben is in his prime, and we need guys who are ready to contribute now. That's why a guy like Max Starks should not have been let go. I know he struggled in San Diego, but he's still our best option to keep Ben upright for the next year or so.
    In my mind you start Starks at left tackle and let the young guys battle it out for the RT spot... then let them take the LT position when they actually win it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Max got released by San Diego? JACKSONVILLE decided that Guy Whimper wasn't good enough to play there. 2 - 14 Jacksonville. The most talent poor franchise in football not named the Oakland Raiders Jacksonville. The fact that he's playing here is an indictment of everything the franchise is doing in terms of scouting and developing talent on the offensive line.

We shouldn't need to still be talking about Max Starks, but this year's signing of an atrocious backup lineman behind a below average starting line is brought to you by the same geniuses who thought Sean Mahan as a starting center would be a good idea. At this point, I just want the best bad lineman I can get.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    Max got released by San Diego? JACKSONVILLE decided that Guy Whimper wasn't good enough to play there.
    That's why Guy Whimper is not starting for the Steelers.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Ummm...

We don't need to still be talking about Max Starks...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Ummm...

We don't need to still be talking about Max Starks...
    Then why are you?

Legend

User Info Menu

Better get old Starks signed ASAP. Looks like our only quality backup is now going to be anchored in at Center for the foreseeable future.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Then our only quality backup would still be anchored in at Center...