Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Trade Ben, Start Landry Jones

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Sign me up. Beats spending several first round picks to finally find Ben's future replacement.
    Me too! Sign me up. If we were to end up with a Rich Gannon type QB down the line then that was one of the best 4th picks the Steeler ever made.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Terry Bradshaw is a noted as being terribly insecure. He was noted as being a head case. TB had 4-5 rough years, throwing a ton of INTs. Was that because he didnt have a short memory? Was it poor read ability? Even in 74 when he "led" the Steelers to the SB, he had a questionable year.

Good thing Noll seen something the fans didn't see in Bradshaw. Just sayin'.
    and how many times did Noll bench Bradshaw?? Just sayin'.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Neal Coolong advocates releasing Jones and placing him on the practice squad.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Is this what you base your talent evaluation skills on? Statistics from a hand full of pre-season games?

A good scout/talent evaluater is able to look past that and see down the road. Just sayin.

I evaluate it by watching every snap the kid ever took at OU. Go bark up some rookies tree Dub. Or check out Ras I and Rahim

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Was it his less than 50% completions or the 3 picks?
    The 3 picks.... With our outstanding and unstoppable ground game we should be able to over come them

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Neal Coolong advocates releasing Jones and placing him on the practice squad.
    Well, I don't think Jones will be ready to play this season...I hate to see the Steelers sacrifice a roster spot for a player who isn't going to play...

I know there's some risk of losing Jones if we stick him on the PS, but I think I'm with Coolong on this one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Well, I don't think Jones will be ready to play this season...I hate to see the Steelers sacrifice a roster spot for a player who isn't going to play...

I know there's some risk of losing Jones if we stick him on the PS, but I think I'm with Coolong on this one.
    Some other team would have to elevate him to their 53. I think he looked sufficiently unready that it probably wouldn't happen. Would be nice if we had the opportunity to elevate him first if someone actually tried to snatch him up.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Rookie

User Info Menu

If the Steelers were willing to carry Leftwich and Batch last year, there is no reason for them to be unwilling to carry both Gradkowski and Jones this year...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Actually, we should cut Jones and sign Tebow to be #3!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Actually, we should cut Jones and sign Tebow to be #3!!!
    Amen to that.