Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Ben, Start Landry Jones

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Was it his less than 50% completions or the 3 picks?
    maybe it was the 43.6 QB rating?

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Jones has the "INT" factor.
    There fixed that for you Shawn.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Agreed. He had some melt downs toward the end of the game, but each week he looks better. I'm excited about the guy.
    He was under a lot of pressure. He was surprisingly good. Made a couple mistakes, but was generally good. Seemed to have command of the offense and confidence. I questioned his arm in camp. No more. He's got the tools. Now it's all mental.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    He was under a lot of pressure. He was surprisingly good. Made a couple mistakes, but was generally good. Seemed to have command of the offense and confidence. I questioned his arm in camp. No more. He's got the tools. Now it's all mental.
    I agree. He is work in progress and will end up being a solid NFL QB for us.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Not to make excuses for the guy but he also had quite a few drops which didnt help.

Administrator

User Info Menu

How many of the incompletions were dropped passes by Wheaton? My goodness, Wheaton... catch the damn ball.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wheaton is scaring me... feels a little Sweedish with these drops.

Jones also concerns me.. he looked great early on but those 2 INTs are vintage Jones.. once rattled its a wrap. One INT throws his hole game off and he turns into a mess. Hopefully we can fix this.. I still like the pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Wheaton is scaring me... feels a little Sweedish with these drops.

Jones also concerns me.. he looked great early on but those 2 INTs are vintage Jones.. once rattled its a wrap. One INT throws his hole game off and he turns into a mess. Hopefully we can fix this.. I still like the pick.
    I hear what you are saying. His mental toughness being called into question and all. I don't know of the validity of all that, and I'm hoping reports on that aspect of his personality are bunk. With that said, I love what I seen for 75% of the game. He is a 3 year project, and as long as we continue to look at him in that light perspective can be maintained. Hopefully, as he grows more confident in his pro game, his ability to roll with the punches will increase.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Is this what you base your talent evaluation skills on? Statistics from a hand full of pre-season games?

A good scout/talent evaluater is able to look past that and see down the road. Just sayin.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

3 year project. Lol.

I swear some of you would drink jones bathwater after he farted in it. God only knows how much praise will be heaped on him after a 4 pick outing. This makes two games in a row he is all over the ballpark with his throws.

contrast that with the performance last night of tyler bray who went undrafted and some here wanted(not me).