Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trade Ben, Start Landry Jones

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If the Steelers were willing to carry Leftwich and Batch last year, there is no reason for them to be unwilling to carry both Gradkowski and Jones this year...
    Just exploring the option, not sure if I like it. The difference between this year and last is the injury troubles at RB and TE may cost a roster spot or two and it has to come from somewhere. Is it better to protect a developmental QB who will likely never play or add another LB who can contribute on ST? Heck, our bubble LBs are more likely to get sucked up than Jones probably is.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I disagree.

QB is a premium position.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Your right, it is. Interesting to consider but I don't think Im changing my 53 prediction over it. Jones needs to be right in the thick of things to speed his development.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Landry had some flashes during the Panther's game. But in the end, he flat out sucked and threw too many picks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Terry Bradshaw is a noted as being terribly insecure. He was noted as being a head case. TB had 4-5 rough years, throwing a ton of INTs. Was that because he didnt have a short memory? Was it poor read ability? Even in 74 when he "led" the Steelers to the SB, he had a questionable year.

Good thing Noll seen something the fans didn't see in Bradshaw. Just sayin'.
    Bradshaw was an extremely confident even cocky college player.

You nailed it when you said "poor read ability". Terry was simply a bad NFL QB who could not read defenses and ignored what he did see and threw it to covered receivers ALL THE TIME.

Once he began winning superbowls did he stop being insecure? No. The Superbowl champ Bradshaw was MORE insecure than the supremely confident Terry Bradshaw that first came out of LA Tech. Yet he PLAYED the game confidently regardless of his inner turmoil. Bradshaw ALWAYS had a short memory, to a fault at times. When he was young he would make the same mistakes over and over again which resulted in the cruel label as being a stupid QB. He thought he could make impossible throws. Terry forced bad passes into coverage EVEN WHEN HE REACHED GREATNESS because he ALWAYS had confidence in one thing....his rocket arm.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-03-2013 at 12:18 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Landry had some flashes during the Panther's game. But in the end, he flat out sucked and threw too many picks.
    We better hope he settles in and at least plays like he did in college 'cause Ben won't make the whole year without injury the way this O-line is playing and Gradkowski is only a short term backup at best. New QB's to the NFL take time to adjust to the speed of pro ball, some more than others...let's hope he's a quick learner !

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Terry forced bad passes into coverage EVEN WHEN HE REACHED GREATNESS because he ALWAYS had confidence in one thing....his rocket arm.
    I think he had confidence in TWO things. The second being hall of fame recievers.