Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Hope We Lose Tonight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

I Hope We Lose Tonight

Seriously I don't care about the outcome. I just wanna see some progress and development of young players who can contribute to our SuperBowl run.

If we lose, even though it's preseason, everyone's gonna count us out. Just and 8-8 team that stunk it up in the preseason. I hope the league sleeps on Ben, Troy, Timmons, Heath, Ike, Cortez, Woodley, AB, Dwyer, Sanders, Wheaton, Shark, etc.

We are loaded. There's no reason this team shouldn't be a favorite late in the season. No matter what anyone tells you, this is one of the deepest and most talented teams Tomlin has had to date. There's a really good mix of vets and youth. We're on the verge of something big here.

We may not have it all ironed out right now. But I'm telling yinz, come December, there's gonna be a team everyone forgot about and counted out that's firing on all cylinders. Don't be surprised when it happens. I feel certain it's there.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Seriously I don't care about the outcome. I just wanna see some progress and development of young players who can contribute to our SuperBowl run.

If we lose, even though it's preseason, everyone's gonna count us out. Just and 8-8 team that stunk it up in the preseason. I hope the league sleeps on Ben, Troy, Timmons, Heath, Ike, Cortez, Woodley, AB, Dwyer, Sanders, Wheaton, Shark, etc.

We are loaded. There's no reason this team shouldn't be a favorite late in the season. No matter what anyone tells you, this is one of the deepest and most talented teams Tomlin has had to date. There's a really good mix of vets and youth. We're on the verge of something big here.

We may not have it all ironed out right now. But I'm telling yinz, come December, there's gonna be a team everyone forgot about and counted out that's firing on all cylinders. Don't be surprised when it happens. I feel certain it's there.
    Agree with everything you said.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Looks like you get your wish Flip. I kind of agree with what you're saying and appreciate where you're coming from, but this was one of the most uninspiring preseasons I can remember. I will keep the faith however.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Win or Lose, this game shows nothing. Nothing worse than Week 4 in preseason...at this point teams pretty much have their minds made up. Maybe 1 player will make the team b/c of this game. Other than that it's more of a show who's going to be on the practice squad.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib:

If Ben Roethlisberger plays 25% of the snaps during the regular season like he did in preseason, I am sure they won't win many games either

In 2010 preseason both Colts and Bears went 0-4 ... both won their division and Bears went to NFC title game

#Steelers fans repeat after me: IT'S ONLY THE PRESEASON ... IT'S ONLY THE PRESEASON

[URL]https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

#Steelers fans repeat after me: IT'S ONLY THE PRESEASON ... IT'S ONLY THE PRESEASON[/B]
    It is only the preseason, and I'm not here "to come down on you" but if we don't start scoring....

[url]http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83156259/[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we have talent to win the division, but Ben will be injured by the crappy offensive line blowing blocks.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hope your right but, there is a lot related to the mental state of players and as a team on winning.
    It might be preseason but, it is a game and you should always want and play to win.

This team has missed a mental mentality for a few years now "The will to Win" !!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    I hope your right but, there is a lot related to the mental state of players and as a team on winning.
    It might be preseason but, it is a game and you should always want and play to win.

This team has missed a mental mentality for a few years now "The will to Win" !!
    I agree that the "knowing how to win" mentality is important, but in the pre-season it is important for the lower level teams. Teams like Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville go into a pre-season game to win. Teams like Pittsburgh already have that confidence. They go into a pre-season game to determine who their nickel back is, who is the first backup on the DL, who wins that 8th LB job etc. The Steelers did not play to win one game in August.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I agree that the "knowing how to win" mentality is important, but in the pre-season it is important for the lower level teams. Teams like Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville go into a pre-season game to win. Teams like Pittsburgh already have that confidence. They go into a pre-season game to determine who their nickel back is, who is the first backup on the DL, who wins that 8th LB job etc. The Steelers did not play to win one game in August.
    Agreed. This team still has a lot of players with SB rings. This is actually part of the reason I didn't like Deebo going to Cincy. They have talent, but they didn't have anyone in the locker room who knew how to be a champion. If the Steelers lose this year I don't think it will be because they don't know how to win.