Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Hope We Lose Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I agree that the "knowing how to win" mentality is important, but in the pre-season it is important for the lower level teams. Teams like Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville go into a pre-season game to win. Teams like Pittsburgh already have that confidence. They go into a pre-season game to determine who their nickel back is, who is the first backup on the DL, who wins that 8th LB job etc. The Steelers did not play to win one game in August.
    Agreed. This team still has a lot of players with SB rings. This is actually part of the reason I didn't like Deebo going to Cincy. They have talent, but they didn't have anyone in the locker room who knew how to be a champion. If the Steelers lose this year I don't think it will be because they don't know how to win.

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Teams like Pittsburgh already have that confidence.
    I like the optimism some of you guys have, but the Steelers have no business playing like they have already earned something. They played well below their level when it counted last year and lost some very winnable games. They should be hungry first, confident second (if that). Honestly, they have no reason to be confident and aside from Ben I haven't seen much "confidence" out there. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Seriously I don't care about the outcome. I just wanna see some progress and development of young players who can contribute to our SuperBowl run.

If we lose, even though it's preseason, everyone's gonna count us out. Just and 8-8 team that stunk it up in the preseason. I hope the league sleeps on Ben, Troy, Timmons, Heath, Ike, Cortez, Woodley, AB, Dwyer, Sanders, Wheaton, Shark, etc.

We are loaded. There's no reason this team shouldn't be a favorite late in the season. No matter what anyone tells you, this is one of the deepest and most talented teams Tomlin has had to date. There's a really good mix of vets and youth. We're on the verge of something big here.

We may not have it all ironed out right now. But I'm telling yinz, come December, there's gonna be a team everyone forgot about and counted out that's firing on all cylinders. Don't be surprised when it happens. I feel certain it's there.
    Put your money where you mouth is...start a Super Bowl or Bust thread!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Put your money where you mouth is...start a Super Bowl or Bust thread!
    That's a big undertaking my friend. Good times though. When I started that thread before the 05 season, who knew? I think I jinxed em the one year by starting the thread and not keeping up.