Thread: NFL, Players reach $765M Concussion Deal

Legend

NFL, Players reach $765M Concussion Deal

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/96...oncussion-suit

I hate that the NFL gave in to extortion. It sets a bad precedent.

If you really look at these players you would find their bank accounts are far more damaged than their heads.

NFL owners know very well that their franchise values will increase dramatically now that they don't have the threat of this lawsuit hanging over their heads...

170K per man= peanuts
    Trade 1/25 to Denver for 1/31, 3/31 & 4/38

1) Andrew Billings-DT-Baylor
    2) Karl Joseph-SS-WVU
    3) DJ White-CB-Ga Tech
    3) Zack Sanchez-CB-Oklahoma
    4) Jihad Ward-DE-Illinois
    4) Kevon Seymour-CB-USC
    6) Brandon Allen-QB-Arkansas
    7) Wendell Smallwood-RB-WVU
    7) Aziz ****tu-DE-Stanford

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    170K per man= peanuts
    true.. but I wonder if they have a tier system depending on how many years you played.

I don't mind this settlement. While football players know there is a risk of injury I think the culture back then was suck it up and play or lose your spot. I also think these older guys helped make the league what it is today and the NFL should have a better system in place for players after they retire.

The real travesty is college ball... 85 to 95% don't get to play in the NFL and some of these guys are in real bad shape. I remember a story on a guy who worked on wall st and by the age of 30 he was confined to a bed and speaking with a forehead laser pointer.

I know they get free tuition... well, most do but this is a violent sport and the NCAA is making billions off these kids. Not sure why a fund for injured players is frowned upon.

Starter
    Actually for many 170k will be a lot if that is the number each get...Most players don't plan correctly for later...

Hall of Famer
    have to chalk this one up as a win for fidel

Legend
    The players should have taken them to court. The NFL got off too easy on this. It's a drop in the bucket. And team values will skyrocket from here. Well played Goodell. And F U for messing with the game.