Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Direct TV Nfl Ticket ????

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you have to get to the retention department to get any traction.

shoes strategy is what I have used in the past

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    you have to get to the retention department to get any traction.

shoes strategy is what I have used in the past
    bingo, I have a friend who is subcontracted by directv to do computer programming. I had the sunday ticket for years and gladly paid for it. At the time, I felt it was worth the price to watch my Steelers, but the past few years the price kept going up and up. I cancelled and talked to my friend about it, so she gave me the "scripted" answers to give when they asked certain questions and I would get it for free or greatly reduced. This year, I did the movers package and it was free along with HBO, skinamax, and showtime. Basically the threat to cancel and re-sign was enough to persuade them but you need to be adamant. I had to sign a year commitment to directv but I love their service and absolutely hate Comcast so that was a no-brainer for me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I got the NFL Sunday Ticket Max for $225. That gives you all the games in HD, Redzone Channel, Shortcuts (see a game in like 45 minutes), and being able to watch on your computer or a mobile device. That package is normally $300. What they really do is give you the Sunday Ticket for $225 (the regular price) and throw in the Max part for free. I love Redzone and sometimes I have to work on the weekends so I watch the games on a my phone. That's why the Max part appeals to me.
    Got hooked on Redzone myself last year. Re-upped this season. I get many (not all) Steeler games where I live so it works out pretty cheap for me ($6/month thru local cable).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I just checked tonight because I was thinking about it BUT the Amazon deal for 100 bucks with Sunday Ticket and Madden 25 was not a pre order only deal. It's good until whenever or I'm guessing until maybe the season begins. I'm an avid Madden gamer as I said before so it's a no brainer. Madden 25 is also probably the best madden in a good long while.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, The Ticket usually costs $300 per year. If you live out of the market area and have to find some place to go watch it (i.e. a sports bar), you'd more than likely pay that much to the bar after about 4 or 5 games, so I don't think it's a bad deal to stay home and watch the games in the safety and comfort of your own place. But, that's just me.

-Joos
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Well, The Ticket usually costs $300 per year. If you live out of the market area and have to find some place to go watch it (i.e. a sports bar), you'd more than likely pay that much to the bar after about 4 or 5 games, so I don't think it's a bad deal to stay home and watch the games in the safety and comfort of your own place. But, that's just me.

-Joos
    Good luck even finding a bar that has the Steelers game on here

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Been a customer since 1998. I called last night...They gave me the NFL ticket free this year which, I've paid for since 1998, and reduced some other stuff, gave a few free movie channels as well, discount on HD service.
    They were very nice and kept telling me thanks for being a loyal customer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post

-Joos
    That's the rationale that I used to justify it. When you throw in always having sound and everything else, it is really an easy decision. Nothing worse than trying to follow a game without sound, especially if you have to listen to sound from another game.