Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Stat About Ben

Rookie

User Info Menu

Crazy Stat About Ben

Just heard on ESPN that since 2004, Ben has been sacked more than any other QB and 110 times MORE than the #2 quarterback. Say what you want about Ben hanging onto the ball too long (he does that), but that's a sh*t ton of hits for a QB to take. And Haley hasn't done much to improve on that - not based on what I've seen this preseason and what I saw last year. I know it's somewhat early, but nothing I've seen makes me think Ben isn't going to be on the ground a lot and/or hurt by the halfway point of the season. He is just taking too much abuse.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JB13 View Post
    Just heard on ESPN that since 2004, Ben has been sacked more than any other QB and 110 times MORE than the #2 quarterback. Say what you want about Ben hanging onto the ball too long (he does that), but that's a sh*t ton of hits for a QB to take. And Haley hasn't done much to improve on that - not based on what I've seen this preseason and what I saw last year. I know it's somewhat early, but nothing I've seen makes me think Ben isn't going to be on the ground a lot and/or hurt by the halfway point of the season. He is just taking too much abuse.
    There isn't anything going to change the number of hits Ben takes, no offensive coordinator, no amount #1 draft picks on the O-line and no amount of the Rooneys saying Ben needs to be kept upright will change the number of hits Ben takes. It's his style, he knows it, the coaches know it, the O-linemen know it and no amount of complaining about it is going to change it.

I've been saying this for years, as a fan, you should sit back and enjoy it, because there isn't going to be another quarterback like him in a long time, not RGIII, not Kaepernick, not Wilson, not Newton, none of them, Ben is a once in a lifetime quarterback.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 08-28-2013 at 10:33 PM.

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Actually, I thought they were addressing that last year pretty well in the first half of the season. From what I recall, Ben was doing a fine job picking up 3rd downs, short 3rd downs, and they were either leading the league or darn near the top of leading the league in 3rd down conversions. Keeping them in shorter 3rd down and distance, helped with the sack totals.

Then, with injuries, and eventually to Ben, all that changed...... The last 2 times Ben went down with an injury was because of him wanting to make a play by staying in the pocket, or running out of it to keep the play alive....I can't fault him for his style of play.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JB13 View Post
    Anything to blame HALEY, huh?? BB sacks went down and he was having a career season.. Til he tried to make a play and held on too long. Live by the sword, die by the sword.. Haley Hater :P
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    There isn't anything going to change the number of hits Ben takes, no offensive coordinator, no amount #1 draft picks on the O-line and no amount of the Rooneys saying Ben needs to be kept upright will change the number of hits Ben takes. It's his style, he knows it, the coaches know it, the O-linemen know it and no amount of complaining about it is going to change it.

I've been saying this for years, as a fan, you should sit back and enjoy it, because there isn't going to be another quarterback like him in a long time, not RGIII, not Kaepernick, not Wilson, not Newton, none of them, Ben is a once in a lifetime quarterback.

Pappy
    I listened and learned... while its frustrating at times its not going to change.

Legend

User Info Menu

Say what you want about Ben, but it's nothing short of amazing how well he's held up considering the punishment he's taken. Who else could have survived that many sacks?

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben could have 5 Dirt's blocking for him and he'd just hold the ball a little longer to make plays further down the field. Heck taking 10 less hits a season would be a good start. But even then, if he's taking less hits, it's probably because his body is breaking down and he has to get rid of the ball out of necessity.

We just have to embrace Ben being Ben and hope for his health.

Legend

User Info Menu

how many QBs is that going up against?

brady
    brees
    eli
    peyton

any more out there?

rivers, i guess, but he sat for 2 years

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

We just have to embrace Ben being Ben and hope for his health.
    I completely agree...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I completely agree...
    X2..............