Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crazy Stat About Ben

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I agree. When it's all said and done, fans will sit back and truly appreciate having watched the greatest Steeler QB to ever play the game.
    2nd greatest.

Terry Bradshaw has long since retired...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    The line is horrible. Its horrible year after year. Ask yourself. When was the last time our offensive line was considered a strength on our team??? It is not Ben. Using the excuse that sometimes other lines give up sacks too, is the equivalent of a 9 year old getting in trouble in school everyday and saying " But Billy gets in trouble sometimes too!!!".

Bottom line is we do a horrible job at evaluating lineman. It dosent mean squat that you use high draft picks on lineman when the guys you pick cant play. I was done with Marcus Gilbert 3 years ago. Yet here we are still waiting for him to develop. How long did we stick with Colon, Gilbert, Starks, Kemo, Essex, etc. These were not Pro Bowl caliber lineman. Hell I loved Starks because he was the best of what we had. He might not even win a job on a bad San Diego line. The guys we trot out there year after year cant even make any other NFL roster. That is the reason Ben gets sacked so often. Its lack of talent at the OL positions.
    Maybe Colbert/Tomlin need to hire someone who can help them better evaluate OL talent.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    The line is horrible. Its horrible year after year. Ask yourself. When was the last time our offensive line was considered a strength on our team??? It is not Ben. Using the excuse that sometimes other lines give up sacks too, is the equivalent of a 9 year old getting in trouble in school everyday and saying " But Billy gets in trouble sometimes too!!!".

Bottom line is we do a horrible job at evaluating lineman. It dosent mean squat that you use high draft picks on lineman when the guys you pick cant play. I was done with Marcus Gilbert 3 years ago. Yet here we are still waiting for him to develop. How long did we stick with Colon, Gilbert, Starks, Kemo, Essex, etc. These were not Pro Bowl caliber lineman. Hell I loved Starks because he was the best of what we had. He might not even win a job on a bad San Diego line. The guys we trot out there year after year cant even make any other NFL roster. That is the reason Ben gets sacked so often. Its lack of talent at the OL positions.
    just to add to this, when is the last time you heard a steeler OL draftee was good in pass pro?

too many road grader types(kemo, colon, max, etc etc,) not enough guys with good pass pro skills. they philosophy seems to be "oh, they'll learn to pass block" (even faneca was known more as a great run blocker and a good Pass protector)

seems to me it would be easier getting someone who is known more for PP and teach him how to block in the run game

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Maybe Colbert/Tomlin need to hire someone who can help them better evaluate OL talent.
    I agree with this^^^^^^^^

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    2nd greatest.

Terry Bradshaw has long since retired...
    Hopefully 3 more SuperBowls will change your mind